Kingston Beast vs Renegade

Associate
Hi all,
I am looking at building a new pc and I have been looking at memory, I tend to stick with what has worked well in the past so I have been looking at Kingston . . .
I admit I am not a technical expert but I am sure I must be missing something
so I have been looking at DDR4 3600 modules, there is a choice between Hyper Fury Beast and Renegade, the specs on both look pretty much the same, so why would you pay more for Renegade ?
are the differences noticeable ? I cannot find much information online except 'Fury Beast are for those that want a cheaper alternative to Renegade at the same speeds' which again just raises the same question

Thanks all

Associate
Hi all,
I am looking at building a new pc and I have been looking at memory, I tend to stick with what has worked well in the past so I have been looking at Kingston . . .
I admit I am not a technical expert but I am sure I must be missing something
so I have been looking at DDR4 3600 modules, there is a choice between Hyper Fury Beast and Renegade, the specs on both look pretty much the same, so why would you pay more for Renegade ?
are the differences noticeable ? I cannot find much information online except 'Fury Beast are for those that want a cheaper alternative to Renegade at the same speeds' which again just raises the same question

Thanks all
You probably are better off going with the Beast.

Renegade is “enthusiast” (or whatever that means these days) and operates at a higher speed binned DIMMS (it’ll probably overclock higher too) but as you said, 3600 is 3600.

RAM is also dirt cheap at the moment so avoid over spending on a ram kit that won’t make any difference.

Soldato
Just got two sticks of Beast for 3600mhz and its fine probably not much room for overclocking but its ok its not samsung b-die but its half the price (b-die kit has died and I'm not spending that sort of money again)

Back
Top Bottom