Kingston HyperX PC2-8500

Caporegime
Quick question;

Does anyone happen to know the default voltage for this stuff, short of me pulling the machine apart to get to it to take a look (not simple, its in a non-railed rackmount case).

I'm sure its being quite catastrophically undervolted at the moment (and I'm getting memory related BSODs), at 1.8v. I've got a feeling it should be 2.0v?

Soldato
Awesome, timing is tight, so 2.2v it is :)

I have the same memory and have found that i can run it at 2.0V @ 1066 5-5-5-15 (2.2v is the default voltage for these timings but sometimes not necessary with a bit of tweaking).

Some forum members have managed to get these settings stable at ~1.8v/1.9v - but your setup, like mine, will BSOD at such low voltages.

Once you've established it's stable at 2.2v you may want to consider testing it at a lower voltage as they do run warm at 2.2v. This isn't a problem, but if you can get your memory stable using lower voltages - so much the better.

Associate
yep running mine 2.1V (8Gb (4 x 2GB) ) at 5-5-5-15 - superb memory for the price I would recommend though that if you're using all 4 slots definitely push the Northbridge voltage up a little

Back
Top Bottom