Kit cleaning

Soldato
I was going to title this "looking after you helmet" (hrrrr) but thought an all-encompassing post about kit upkeep might be helpful - maybe we can share tips (arrrgggghhhh another pun) about how we keep our riding gear nice and clean...

I'm usually quite lazy about my kit, I will clean the visor obvs, but the lid itself not so much - the only times it was regularly cleaned, was when I used to pop into theo ffice once a week, post the Vid; as they always had mahoosive packs of dettol wipes, so I used those to clean off the flying debris. For cleaning leathers, I still opt for fragrance-free baby wipes, does the job, and occasionally I might use a sponge and some Autoglym leather cleaner too.

I've had a can of helmet fresh :D since passing DAS, so that stuff is probably well and truly useless now, mind you, it still smells of cleaner and foams up - but I don't really find I get a stinky helmet, hence why it's lasted 16 years.

Any hacks/tips you use for kit?

My tip - if you struggle riding with a low sun, then pop a strip of black electrical/insulation tape on the inside of your lid at the top - it's like having a flip down sun visor in the car.

Last edited:
May also work for bike kit :cry:

ZPuKWLZ.jpeg
Looks like the woman behind can smell my kit too

Back
Top Bottom