kitchen plinth lighting

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting some lighting for the plinth in the kitchen

How can I work out how many lights I need? How far apart should they be spaced?

I have a LED strip light under the worktop already where the breakfast bar is.

in hindsight this is not for the plinth it is more underneath the breakfast bar. I would have thought lights here will look nice too.

nice setup

I got something like this already with similar parts.

who did your soldering? I found that particularly difficult

also how can you control this setup wirelessly? Esp if you are away from home I know they got parts that let you control the lights if you are connected to the wifi in the home.

I only had to solder one set of tape due to the way I wanted to loop the back low row and didn't find it a problem, you can buy kind of crimp connectors. I'm sure if you asked them to solder on both ends of a tape they would.
There is a some network version of the controllers but I couldn't work out how much you could really do over network so didn't bother. Not personally interested in away from home control but if I could get Alexa do do scenes or morning timed setups I might be. Trouble is that documentation is poor so basically you end up buying stuff and seeing what it does, you can return things however :)

there is this device here:

https://www.led-lighthouse.co.uk/le...106-led-strip-controller-single-or-multi-zone

It can work via an app on your smart phone but only when you are connected to the wifi it seems.

but yes I agree, pretty much feels like an untested situation.

I tried to solder one of my strips but I just gave up in the end, gosh soldering like that for those 5 wires is just too difficult.never again lol

Back
Top Bottom