Korean street food - ham cheese egg toast

Soldato
OP
I can get so fat in Korea, the food is great, the cityscape is very bland but the food is fab.

I would go back to their fried chicken, it’s amazing.

ps I hope you like spicy food, they love their spice!

Yes I do like spicy. I made a delicious chicken stir fry last night with rice noodles and Kung Po sauce. Well, the sauce is mildly spicy really, more like sweet 'n sour.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
yeah, that’s the one. That’s the average level of spice. Make it to portion and put the whole packet in. It’s not far off.

Ok, here goes. The fire station is on standby.

20200618-181606.jpg

20200619-165447.jpg

Soldato
OP
That’s a lot of water :p

You’ve way diluted it but it’ll give you an idea.

Too much water? Ah, I wasn't sure myself if it should be that watery.
Still, it said add contents to 550ml of boiling water and cook for 4 and a half minutes which is exactly what I did.

Delicious and yep, pretty hot! First taste of the soup made me cough. :p I enjoy that amount of heat. Almost got a sweat on. Not sure I could go much hotter though!

Soldato
OP
does the instruction say boil with the water?

I thought you boil with water, then remove most of the water then add the spice packet to mix.

but you get the idea, that’s pretty much the standard heat in things you see that’s red in colour. It’s quite a kick and most westerners would not expect it.

The instructions just says "Add noodles and contents to 550 ml of boiling water and cook for 4 and a half minutes." Doesn't mention removing water which I must admit I was wondering about. So I kept it boiling. Ate the noodles with chopsticks and then the soup with a spoon.

But yeah, I saw one YouTube video where the instructions were like you described and another with the same instructions as mine. Definitely has a kick! I'll buy again and drain off some of the water. Even saw it in pots in the shop.

Raymond, if you get a moment, could you pop your head in the photography forum. There's a noob thread I made that you might be able to help me with as no-one is really answering.

Back
Top Bottom