lan Li PC60

Associate
hi all i have my old faithful lan li PC60 but about to upgrade the pc and was wondering if i should bite the bullet and change the case too
its in mint condition but concerned the newer mother boards etc wont be any use or fit especially the backing plate ?

Unless you are going EATX motherboard you should be fine, but probably depends what else you are putting in the case.

Personally i would get another case with better ventilation and modern USB ports (USB 3 and USB-C).

Think some people collect old cases, so you may be able to sell it and recoupe some of the cost of your upgrade.

motherboard won't be an issue as the *ATX footprint has not changed in decades. back plate won't be an issue as it too has not changed. but fitting a modern GPU could be more of an issue and a PC60 isn't going to be as good at cable management or cooling. 80mm fans are simply too small and noisy. I found mine recently but disposed of it. Get a modern one. There are so many great options available.

If you are running a "low power" system like any 65w CPU and integrated video then I think you are OK even with the 80m fans (two intake, two exhaust).

Add a GPU might stress things a little when gaming. You could also fit everything and try, it will only cost you time to transfer it to a new case if you dont like the temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom