Lan ports not working asus router

Associate
overnight the lan ports on my asus rt n56u have packed up can't see my desktop in the router settings or any other lan connected device my xbox ,smart tv , now tv box.

my desktop says Ethernet doesn't have valid ip configuration same if i plug the laptop in via Ethernet , i thought it was virgin medias fault at first break in the service but no if i plug my desktop direct into the hub 3 everything works. so it's not my pc or cables either.

wifi is still working though through the router :confused: just tried factory reset i have a exclamation mark at the top and this message below. lan still not working though.

t6pDNhK.jpg

not sure what that means ? any ideas or is it knackered :(

Associate
OP
no didn't solve it tried everything i could think off factory reset update firmware ect.. still wouldn't work i run mine in AP mode just for the wi fi you can put the virgin hub 3 in router mode disable the wi fi and just use the RTN56u for it's superior wi fi performance.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
not sure about other Asus routers but the rt n56u has flimsy build quality and runs too hot was considering the AC68U Till i saw someone selling aftermarket fans too attach to the back of it :p on the other hand the linkys WRT32X i tried had superb build quality but i found the wifi range disappointing, will stick too my AP mode solution till AX capable routers come out and are reasonably priced.

Back
Top Bottom