Landlords in London. Which estate agents do you use

Associate
Simple question really.

I'm after a reliable estate agent who offers sensible/good fees for both letting and management services.

I used Alex Neil previously who provided exceptional services for managing the property, but was a let down when it came to letting and reaching targeted price for monthly rental.

There fees which were offered to me were:
Letting fee 8%+VAT
Management fee 6%+VAT

Just signed up with Stirling Ackroyd who offered 11%+VAT for both letting and management.

Anyone tried/heard of Hello Neighbour? Anyone experienced them? and what other estate agents you have used and would recommend?

Last edited:
renting for profit

basic human needs

you deserve everything you get

i hope you get crap tenants

how dare you

etc

Also, estate agents are all crap, bit of a tallest dwarf competition tbh.
sorry i don't understand how i have made you angry?

I only wondered what estates were reliable for the services for renting out a property etc :S

that's like asking which is better Sainsburys or Tesco

Last edited:

I only wondered what estates were reliable for the services for renting out a property etc :S

Not me, I couldn't give a monkey's, I'm just preparing you for all the inevitable how-dare-you comments which will find their way to this thread sooner or later.

It's coming, mark my words.

As for estate agents, where is the house? We've had a fair few (as tenants, not landlords) and the best were Chamberlands & KFH. Not sure which areas they cover though.

Not me, I couldn't give a monkey's, I'm just preparing you for all the inevitable how-dare-you comments which will find their way to this thread sooner or later.

It's coming, mark my words.

As for estate agents, where is the house? We've had a fair few (as tenants, not landlords) and the best were Chamberlands & KFH. Not sure which areas they cover though.
i believe both cover my area... the property is in Limehouse/Westferry.. about 15min walk away from Canary Wharf.

Most popular ones i've come across are Ludlow thompson and Dexters, but i've heard mixed reviews about their services and reliability etc.

ps.. unless i'm missing something/out the loop... what's with the 'how dare you' type comments.. or is this related to the other landlord thread about unfair evictions etc? or do people just hate on estate agents in general?

Just so i understand the context in case some sort of 'beef' arises

Last edited:

that's like asking which is better Sainsburys or Tesco

This is a UK forum so everything should be treated as sarcastic by default unless mentioned otherwise.

He's probably a landlord himself and is perhaps doing a friendly "reminder" that landlords are being hated.

ps.. unless i'm missing something/out the loop... what's with the 'how dare you' type comments.. or is this related to the other landlord thread about unfair evictions etc? or do people just hate on estate agents in general?

surely you can't be that unaware that landlords, especially so called 'hobby' landlords, have an absolutely dreadful reputation in huge sections of the population and are not well liked by many people? :p

haha maybe i'm oblivious to this.. i only know of mistreatment by some landllords and possible reasons why they are hated but i don't fall into that category.. i hope

haha maybe i'm oblivious to this.. i only know of mistreatment by some landllords and possible reasons why they are hated but i don't fall into that category.. i hope
That's not the only reason.

I'm lucky to be able to live in my mum's basement and get freebux to buy an RTX GPU. Imagine me trying to work hard, getting an Oxbridge degree, doing rat race in those highly competitive job positions, only to fall into the tax traps, with almost all my take-home income paid to the landlord, never being able to afford my own deposite. I would most likely bear resentment to landlords like you, even if you treat your tenants well.

i believe both cover my area... the property is in Limehouse/Westferry.. about 15min walk away from Canary Wharf.

Most popular ones i've come across are Ludlow thompson and Dexters, but i've heard mixed reviews about their services and reliability etc.
We use JLL in Canary Wharf for our place. been rented for 7 years with no more than 2 weeks empty in the entire period. Can’t fault them tbh on finding the tenants and very little issue with the management side.

It's about renting for profit and hatred to landlords who have a bad reputation which has been more talked about in recent years due to high rents and properties in bad conditions.

I always use a small local independent estate agent, they have to work for their money and the customer service is usually much higher, they have a tendency to be enthusiastic about what they do and they care because it's their business and it will fail if they don't.

Cheapest also isn't always best.

That's not the only reason.

I'm lucky to be able to live in my mum's basement and get freebux to buy an RTX GPU. Imagine me trying to work hard, getting an Oxbridge degree, doing rat race in those highly competitive job positions, only to fall into the tax traps, with almost all my take-home income paid to the landlord, never being able to afford my own deposite. I would most likely bear resentment to landlords like you, even if you treat your tenants well.
ahh i get ya. I understand not everyone will have some sort of finanial backing and are on their own.

We use JLL in Canary Wharf for our place. been rented for 7 years with no more than 2 weeks empty in the entire period. Can’t fault them tbh on finding the tenants and very little issue with the management side.
I'll look into them.. heard of them but not sure if they cover my area (else i would've been spammed by them)

It's about renting for profit and hatred to landlords who have a bad reputation which has been more talked about in recent years due to high rents and properties in bad conditions.
understood

I always use a small local independent estate agent, they have to work for their money and the customer service is usually much higher, they have a tendency to be enthusiastic about what they do and they care because it's their business and it will fail if they don't.

Cheapest also isn't always best.
that's true, hence for the thread.. besides larger corporations, you don't really know much about the smaller businesses reputation besides word of mouth etc

Back
Top Bottom