Laptop advice please.......

Associate
im considering buying a laptop sometime in the next month or so because i need something portable. i cant afford to keep my current pc if i get a laptop so i really need something that can handle everything.

main uses are going to be a lot of photo editing (photoshop etc) so i need something with a fair bit of ram and a top quality screen. will also be playing the odd game of battlefield 2 or dawn of war.

ive looked at a few models from sony and hp, the hp one being my favourite so far. the screen quality on both models really suprised me, nice crisp images, no ghosting, though im not to sure about colour accuracy but i guess the display models aren't calibrated.

so i guess i will have a budget of around £1200 for a laptop and possibly an external hard drive. i havent kept up to date with hardware for a while now so i really dont know what is around and what is good enough for my needs, so could someone here suggest something i should be loking for, features wise and if its possible in my budget.

id like it to be at least as fast as my current system - athlon 64 3000?, 2 gb ram, 6600gt, 120gb hard drive, dvd rw.

any advice would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom