• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Laptop AMD 5800H to desktop CPU

Soldato
Been out of the loop for about a year on CPU's and hardware so just wanted to get a bit of advise. Been traveling in my camper so had a Lenovo legion 5 laptop with NVIDIA 3070 and AMD Ryzen 7 5800H to play Warzone ;) . I've now moved into a house and using my laptop with a 1440p 144hz 27" screen and it runs great. To be honest there is no reason to change it but I fancy a desktop set again and just looking at option's.
I've also asked the same question on my GPUin the GPU section but just need some advise on CPU's now. So is there any cheap alternatives from Intel/AMD to my 5800H, will mainly be used for games (Warzone).

Associate
The 5800H is very similar to a 5700G on the desktop side. If you are going with AM4 then you really can't go wrong with a 5800x3d. Great performance and great price.

Associate
how does the 5800h perform in warzone got my youngest a laptop for xmas with a 5800h slower gpu 3050ti but think she will be very happy mincrafting the hours away

think its comparable to my desktop i5-10400f maybe time to upgrade

Last edited:
Associate
@Game Not sure exactly sure how the performance compares to intel but it is decently fast. 5800h does depend heavily on memory performance though. Some sodimms have really bad timings which does not help. You can't go that fast with laptop memory unless you tune it manually which is rarely an option but with HyperX dual rank memory you do get most of the performance available

Best in mind it's slower than 5800x due to less cache and far slower than than 5800x 3d but unless you are playing competitively it's decent

Soldato
I'd get a 5700X or 12600kf, both can be had for £160 although I'd probably lean towards the 12600KF with DDR5 as thats now quite cheap.

Soldato
OP
how does the 5800h perform in warzone got my youngest a laptop for xmas with a 5800h slower gpu 3050ti but think she will be very happy mincrafting the hours away

Its a great CPU and never let me down, plays warzone great and handles 4k files in adobe premier fine so no real reason to upgrade other than I like building new shinny things ;)

Caporegime

The 3050Ti will limit heavily performance before the 5800H is an issue. VRAM will be an issue, you'll need to use DLSS.

Last edited:
Associate
The 3050Ti will limit heavily performance before the 5800H is an issue. VRAM will be an issue, you'll need to use DLSS.
to be fair she has only been playing fallguys and minecraft the warcraft situation was purely hypothetical Matilda is only 12 and is not allowed to play age inappropriate games

Cod MW3 and warzone is a pegi 18 so none of my children fall into that bracket well no children at all tbh

but interested in how the DLSS will work in hogwarts only used fsr

Last edited:
Associate
Its a great CPU and never let me down, plays warzone great and handles 4k files in adobe premier fine so no real reason to upgrade other than I like building new shinny things ;)
the little one was doing some photo editing yesterday and expected to be video editing as well with my quick play it seems upto the job

Back
Top Bottom