Laptop + DataCard + T-Mobile - How to get MSN??

Soldato
Hi there,

currently typing this from my laptop using a datacard with t-mobile sim and unlimited data bundle.

t-mobile have had msn blocked for a long time. i was wondering if there was a way to configure a standalone client (live or equivilent) to use a different port/protocol to get it to connect to the msn network.

webmsn clients work fine so there must be a installable (non flash, low cpu/gpu usage client) that can be changed to use the web based protocols/ports to access the network like the web based ones do?

any help would be appreciated. thanks

StevenG

Caporegime
Trillian?!?

The problem you have is that webmsn would use the same ports as normal http while an installed version/variant would default to the standard msn ports which I doubt can be easily changed and therefore remain blocked...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
You have to get T-Mobile to open it up for you, i use my XDA and minilaptop while out on the road.

The easiest way to do it is this.

Go to somewhere like playboy and wait for the t-mobile warning.
They will ask you for a credit card to clarify that your over 18.
Give them the card details which will then open your mobile connection up for msn etc etc.

Soldato
OP
You have to get T-Mobile to open it up for you, i use my XDA and minilaptop while out on the road.

The easiest way to do it is this.

Go to somewhere like playboy and wait for the t-mobile warning.
They will ask you for a credit card to clarify that your over 18.
Give them the card details which will then open your mobile connection up for msn etc etc.

i dont get a warning.. loads the page fine. or do i have to do that off my phone?

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Try facebook - definitely had to get that 18+ restriction off that site when using it from my phone...

ps3ud0 :cool:

the 18+ restriction is took off youtube once you have logged into it.

i rang up and they upgraded me to web n walk plus and now i see all the images on playboy so thats changed something. although i still cant access msn which is what i wanted.

costing me a fiver extra a month to visit a site i dont go on lol - guess i'll be taking it off then before next month to get my refund.

StevenG

Anyone got anymore ideas?

Soldato
OP
Well adding the extra £5 to your contract allows the use of all ports i think, i can use utorrent, msn playboy lol all unlocked for an extra £5.

i'll be taking it off my account before my next bill as i think its a ****take they charge you extra for unlocked usage.

StevenG

Back
Top Bottom