Laptop dropped in bath - will it work?

Thanks all. Seeing as it’s a MBP, there’s not much chance of taking it apart without making it worse - those torx screws are tiny too!

Insurance it is. I hope it’s covered. On the flip side the screen is now free of grease marks once I’d squeegeed the soap off. Every cloud…

The biggest one I've always kept hearing is people dropping their phones in the toilet. Why... :eek::o Why even take a phone into the bathroom.

Are you old school - magazine rack at the side with some reading material. Or are you one of those that reads off the ingredients in the bleach bottle or bathroom spray.

Insurance wants me to send the laptop off for repair. Not quite sure what can be repaired but may as well go through the process. I suspect I'll end up with a refurbished replacement but quite how long this process will take is another matter.

Insurance wants me to send the laptop off for repair. Not quite sure what can be repaired but may as well go through the process. I suspect I'll end up with a refurbished replacement but quite how long this process will take is another matter.
Just jump through whatever hoops the insurance want you to jump through. Either way, you should end up with a working laptop, whether it's your old one repaired, or a new one.

Update time. For those sure that the laptop could be repaired, I’m afraid your confidence was sadly misplaced. Insurance have offered a 2020 i5 based MBP as replacement. I’m going to go back to them and suggest an M1 based MBP which is paradoxically cheaper despite the newer tech.

Yet another update as I’m sure you’re all on tenterhooks. Insurance refused to go with the M1 MBP as there were “technical differences” between the two laptops. Fair enough. They also offered cash instead of a replacement which is what I went for. Got a refurbed mid spec iMac as a replacement on the basis that this would prove far more difficult to hoik into the bathroom…

Back
Top Bottom