Laptop help

Associate
Hey all,

Id appreciate your opinions on this laptop.

Intel Pentium M 760 2.0ghz
2Gig PC4200 DDR2 RAM
100GB Sata drive
Nvidia MXM GeForce 6600 256MB PCI-E
DVDRW
Wireless etc etc!

Price is about £1000

Would this be better than a Core Duo 1.66ghz with 1GB DDR2 and ATI Radeon X1300 with up to 512mb of hyper memory or does the Core Duo just completly blow away the pentium M? The price of this is about £850.
Also would these handle some of the high end games currently out?

Thanks

Jamie

Associate
jamie2497 said:
Hey all,

Id appreciate your opinions on this laptop.

Intel Pentium M 760 2.0ghz
2Gig PC4200 DDR2 RAM
100GB Sata drive
Nvidia MXM GeForce 6600 256MB PCI-E
DVDRW
Wireless etc etc!

Price is about £1000

Would this be better than a Core Duo 1.66ghz with 1GB DDR2 and ATI Radeon X1300 with up to 512mb of hyper memory or does the Core Duo just completly blow away the pentium M? The price of this is about £850.
Also would these handle some of the high end games currently out?

Thanks

Jamie

high end games it will maul
also fry your nuts along with the eggs you put on the lid
have you checked out the acer1654 in OC, for £250 less

Associate
imo it depends on what you will use it for, if it is your only primary computer, then go for a higher spec, i had mine for streaming music, video, internet use, word pro, occasional game.

lets be honest its not like a proper computer,
the heat, the fan noises, the fact that loading stuff or buring discs is like watching paint dry.

handy for storing all those essential bits of software, to transport around to your clueless friends

with regard to an x300 being good enough.
no laptop is going to have a state of the art card, so any reasonable card is much of a muchness imo, e.g my mate has a p4 2.8 lappy with 64mb of ati 9000 card that still cuts the mustard with UT2004 on standard detail, 512mb ram
this i know to be true cos i formatted it for him yesterday and put it on.
are you happy to pay out a grand for a laptop?, when you can build a relatively decent gaming system for that-like i say if it has to be your primary then thats different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom