Laptop or Not?

Permabanned
Hi. Can't decide wether or not to get rid of my PC and buy a Laptop instead!! I use the PC for some gaming and everyday things. Help!! Should i buy a laptop? I can't have both as there is a baby due in October!!

Man of Honour
Give us a clue here, what specification is your PC, what do you want it to do and what is your budget? :)

Also remember that laptops are more easily pulled off tables etc by babies, not likely to be a problem for a while yet though.

Permabanned
Do you need the computer to be portable and move between each room, outside, round a friends, in your car?

Laptops are great and can easily replace a desktop for browsing, office, lighter gaming and heavier (if you get a top end laptop) CD-R, DVD-R burning etc. Come right down and price £600 can get you a decent laptop. I have a laptop and coming from desktop laptops are a lot more enjoyable to use (sit in bed whilst playing doom, watching a movie etc)

Associate
I bought a laptop 2 years back, although i was well happy when i got it im annoyed now cause upgrade options are limited and its useless for what i want it to do as its out of date.

I say have a laptop if you dont game, but if youre a hardcore gamer then its a nono

Permabanned
OP
My Spec:

AMD Venice 3500, XP-120 With Nexus 120mm Fan, Asus A8N-E (With Zalman Heatsink on Northbridge) 2gig Geil Value Ram, 6600TD 256mb PCI-e (With Zalman V700-CU Cooler) 80g Maxtor IDE, DVD Writer, Seasonic 500w, Coolermaster ATC 201 Case. No Case Fans. 30c idle CPU

Back
Top Bottom