laptop recovery partion help please

Associate
i have a advent 10 inch laptop with no cdrom,witch crashed on boot up ive recoverd it using a bent copy of xp,what i wont to no is how can i get to see the partion,and can i recover it,i can see it in admin tools in xp but cant do nothing with it.as it has no drive letter.

thnx for any help.

Soldato
are you just wanting to free this partition up for space? I don't think you'd be able to make use of the data there, just use a partion program to free it up.

Associate
OP
no it uses the techguys recovery option but thtas not there any more as i had boot error that was stopping me getting to the the recovery option just after u switch it on.

Soldato
They usually have a F-button setup to enter recovery during boot though they don't show which, just reboot it and repeatedly tap F12, if nothing happens do it again with F11 and so on.

Soldato
They usually have a F-button setup to enter recovery during boot though they don't show which, just reboot it and repeatedly tap F12, if nothing happens do it again with F11 and so on.

He's wiped the boot partition with a fresh install so he no longer has this option, ideally what you should do is create the restore discs onto a USB pen drive as soon as you get the laptop booted up but no one ever does. :p

Soldato
He's wiped the boot partition with a fresh install so he no longer has this option, ideally what you should do is create the restore discs onto a USB pen drive as soon as you get the laptop booted up but no one ever does. :p

Wiping the boot partition has never stopped me from doing so on my Vaio, so long as the recovery partition is intact.

Associate
OP
yes it is m8,maybe if some one has the same laptop they could make me a coppy and i can use my xp serial number on the back off laptop,the documentation said i can make a back up off it with a pen drive but it went **** up before i had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom