Laptop Specs for £400 or under

Associate
Hi guys was just wondering what laptops were available for around the £400 marker but dont have to be able to run games or anything purely for uni purposes next year to do work on in lessons, was looking for a least 2gb of ram if not more and a core 2 duo, a big hard drive is not essential.

Cheers

Adam

(Added) Also looking for the screen to be around the 13 inch marker, not looking for a hefty big thing whilst im at uni.

Last edited:
Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM and Integrated graphics is possible on that budget. Might not get too big a hard drive or a laptop that looks the best, but it'll be functional.

Toshiba do a lot of budget laptops in their Satellite range, L40's, L300's. Generally all cheap. :)

Just wondering if you guys had any thoughts on the Acer Aspire 2920Z. Good small size and spec is

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Mobile Processor T2330 - 1.60 GHz, 533MHz, 1MB L2 Cache
Memory: 2048 MB - DDR2
Graphics: Mobile Intel® GL960 Express Chipset
Display: 12.1" WXGA high-brightness (200-nit), Acer CrystalBrite™ TFT LCD, 1280 x 800
Hard Drive: 120GB S-ATA
Optical Drive: DVDRW
Wired Networking: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Wireless Networking: 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Modem: 56K ITU V.92

Cheapest i can find at the minute is form laptops direct at £429.97.

Any info on these or other laptops would be gretaly apprieciated.

And thanks to guys above who've already responded.

i am after exactly the same thing, the vostro looks a great deal, i will probably get the £499 offer, looks like a bargain.

17" screen
intel core 2 duo t8100 2.1ghz
4gb ddr2 667mhz ram
320gb sata hard drive
256mb 8600gs

ill look around but i doubt yuor gonna beat that for 500, you could probs get a smaller screen + less graphics for 400 :)

thats without VAT :( looks like my spec has gone down considerably :(

Last edited:
Was hoping to get a screen around the 12.1 size possibly if anyone knows of a core 2 duo spec laptop of this size. Doesn't need a big drive just 2gb ram or more and light to carry around uni.

Just so you know -

EI System 1201
13" Screen
T2730 Pentium Dual Core
1GB RAM
120GB

Available from 279.99 inc VAT, its only got one DIMM slot, but hell, a 2GB DDR2 SODIMM doesnt cost that much, and its well below your budget :)

Back
Top Bottom