Laptop speeds

Associate
hi,

was just considering to get a laptop, ive been checking out different models, ive found that there is a large difference in price between Celeron M and Centrino.

I mean obviously centrino is better, but how much? i was hoping to get one just for work, web surfing, msn and some tiems photoshop. If i get a celeron M will i regret it later?

thanks RK

Suspended
Hi, Centrino is Much Much Much more better than the celeron ever was, Celeron was made to be affordable and to run a low temps , Keeping the laptop cool.

Centrino also has the Wifi and generaly works much better than the celeron, And yes.. You will kick yourself later on.

Also depends on the ram , Ive Sold a lot of celeron Laptops with 1gb ram and they are fast little machine, But after you install applications , So on , Start-up times takes longer and longer.

My point is : Buy a Centrino

Jay !

Soldato
seconded
i bought a celeron about 9 months ago wanting it for surfing ,reading manga,and playing music
thought that it would be fine with a cheep spec :(
while it does these ok my other laptop(which is a centrino)seems much faster when loading etc and is 100 mhz slower

Associate
OP
ANDARIAL said:
reading manga

Haha wen i get one i will being doing that too :D.

So will a 1.4ghz celeron be really slow after a while?
I will be hooking it up to my 19" widescreen, so i need one that supports wide screen resolution too. Basicly this is to replace my noisy desktop.

Soldato
I have a CeleronM and its fine - its 1.5gig and seems much faster than my old athlon XP 2400.

If a CeleronM is dothan core then it will pretty be much the same performance as Pentium M apart from battery life!

Back
Top Bottom