Laptop upgrade question

Associate
Hi all,

I currently have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, bought in 2016, during its time it has had a few ups and downs and its time for a needed upgrade.
From my experience with the laptop i HATE Dells customer service so will be forever avoiding them, that's a whole new topic in itself, but fair to say speaking to people in India for hours on end due to their awful warranty support in UK is enough said.

I'm looking for a gaming/ movie watching ect laptop, with my priorities as follows;

Needs to be able to play games at decent level and be relatively future proof.
15" at least
Good cooling (Dell was way too hot under load and literally burnt its components to death)
Good screen to watch movies on, but doesn't need to be top of the range, just as good as my current Dell .
Good keyboard, its going to be used for presentations and work too.
Price wise id say sub £2k.
Good warranty support /customer service( any company that sells a laptop for over £1500 should give you a warranty longer than a bloody washing machine, ie 1 year!)
webcam

Ive done some research and searched forum ect and i know following stand out as contenders but always welcome to hear thoughts of those who own them.

asus zephyrus g15
Leveno legion
razer dare i say maybe...

Associate
My kids have had Lenovo Legion 5 Pros (5600h, 3060, 16” QHD screen) since Christmas. No complaints and both are very happy with them. I’ve had no cause to contact their customer service/support so far, so can’t comment on that. They’re not the quietest laptops (similar to my Omen 17) when playing intensive games but under normal usage or less stressful games like Minecraft they’re quiet (quieter than my Omen 17).

Associate
OP
Here's a question, where can you buy a extended warranty from for any of these laptops?

Seems every site only offering a 1 year warranty, which is literally stupid given the cost of the laptops, overclockers site no exception...
Only seems buying direct from company may give you a extra 1 year( asus)

Associate
I’m sure that if you call any of the manufacturer store contact numbers they would give a cost for extended warranty. I got a 3 year warranty bundled in for free with my HP Omen.

Soldato
My kids have had Lenovo Legion 5 Pros (5600h, 3060, 16” QHD screen) since Christmas. No complaints and both are very happy with them. I’ve had no cause to contact their customer service/support so far, so can’t comment on that. They’re not the quietest laptops (similar to my Omen 17) when playing intensive games but under normal usage or less stressful games like Minecraft they’re quiet (quieter than my Omen 17).

The Lenovo gaming laptops often get excellent reviews in laptop roundups and you can pickup one with a 3070 or even a 3080 for under £2000.

Lenovo Legion Gaming Laptops

Back
Top Bottom