Laptops - need some info

Soldato
I`m looking into getting a laptop, probably a budget model

I dont know anything about laptop hardware and need to know what should I be looking out for..i want a laptop that is a good general all rounder

I could do with knowing the best/top 3 or so of gfx cards, processors, hard disks, etc

thanks in advance

Soldato
OP
thanks for the replies but i think ive phrased my question badly,
what i`d like to know is what models of processor and gfx cards are the best - preferably in like a top 5 type thing

ie centrion, core duo ,turion, etc ,etc - same for the gfx cards

theres so many names and numbers and i dont have a clue with the the laptop stuff

basically what i`m doing is getting shot of one of my desktops and putting the proceeds towards a laptop that will suit everyday use,ie, wireless net, some gaming capability (but not essential), dvd burning, photo editing (more essential)
it needs to be light-ish and have a half decent battery as i will be using it in the middle of nowhere sometimes (but not always)
id like a decent screen also, probably 15" min, or 17" wide if it doesnt make it too heavy

its all going to be a compromise on performance/price/weight/batterypower

Soldato
OP
JBuk said:
what i`d like to know is what models of processor and gfx cards are the best - preferably in like a top 5 type thing

ie centrion, core duo ,turion, etc ,etc - same for the gfx cards

has anyone got any idea?

is the core duo any good?

is the mobile x1300 good?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom