Large format inkjet printers

Soldato
I've put this in here as people in this industry are far more likely to have used or be able to recommend them than anywhere else in the forums...

Can anyone recommend any large good qaulity photo printing machines that can do A1, A2, A3 and A4?

It'll only be connected to an individual machine rather than networked and although we have up to £4-5k to play with we're hoping to keep £2k of that for some IPS monitors (this is for an Art/photography department in a school)

Soldato
OP
Thank you very much stupot, I've just been looking at the Z2100 actually and i think the consumables are going to cost too much. 8 ink cartridges at £40-50 a pop is going to destroy the art departments budget :D

I'm now looking at the HP DesignJet 130r which is a fair bit cheaper for both the printer and the consumables, does this sound like it could fit the bill for our needs?

Soldato
OP
Thanks Stupot, i think they're hoping to use a lot of the funds to buy a large quantity of spare inks and lots of photo paper ranging from A1-A3, i'll definitely recommend they avoid A3 and A4 prints off it as they have a colour laserjet for that crap :p

Regarding the 130r we were thinking of getting the stand and bin attachment for it, i can't find the t610 anywhere that has stock :(

Soldato
OP
Anyone have any opinions on this one:
http://www.epson.co.uk/Printers-and-All-In-Ones/Large-Format/Epson-Stylus-Pro-7700

? It only uses a standard 4 colours which makes me think the print quality won't be fantastic but as it can be had for nearly £1500 (ex vat) and you can get 700ml ink drums for them it looks ideal. Funny timing for this thread to be bumped actually....the money for it got approved recently and only yesterday they asked me to look into again :p

Back
Top Bottom