Large increase in migrant workers.

"on" the head.

Pretty dictatorial aren't you... i'm apparently not allowed an opinion on the state of my country.

It did feel more like "in", so I wrote it like "in", and it stays "in". You know, when one can almost imagine the face of absolute shock of the person reading -how does he dare to say that! And, no, no, they do not perform better than us, precious, they are just evilses foreignerssss ... -

Seriously now, you are as allowed to do that, as I am to say what I think about your opinion, I think that is the way it works between adults. And since this is as much my country as it is yours, I think I can comment on the situation as well (not that I can see why nationality should be brought to such an issue).

You're telling me that we don't have plenty of unemployed / non-temp job university graduates? Rather than employ these, I've seen many overseas graduates being employed. Something is clearly wrong there.

I'm telling you that businesses employ the best people for the job out of the selection that applied for it.

I don't see anything wrong with employing overseas graduates if they can add value to the organisation.

It's just short-sighted businessmen wanting to make more money. Lower costs = more profit. That's until all their competitors import their workers too, a price war ensues so that the price they are charging for their product or service drops, and they end up making as much profit as they were before. So in the end they are no better off.

Yup. I would argue they actually end up worse off because they end up living in a sick society, like Britain in the 21st century :(

Let me see if I get this straight, natives on welfare are given enough to live on and because minimum wage is only a bit more they are opting to sit on their backsides instead which means all the jobs go to immigrants who will actually work for a living and you two think the problem is with business men and that raising the wages would make everything better?

How about just cutting benefits so they only allow people to survive at a low standard of living instead of doing as well as people on minimum wage? im sure when they can't afford a big screen TV and the latest call of duty game they will be straight down the job centre looking for that minimum wage job.

"on" the head.

Pretty dictatorial aren't you... i'm apparently not allowed an opinion on the state of my country.

Of course you're allowed an opinion.

They're just an ordinary human like you except they do a better job than the other applicants who applied and got interviewed.

Of course you're allowed an opinion.

They're just an ordinary human like you except they do a better job than the other applicants who applied and got interviewed.

Much like the university students that are being turned away because Universities want to maximise the amount of overseas students as they pay more money? They certainly aren't less intelligent than their foreign peers.

It's pathetic that a multi-cultural society is encouraged at the countries detriment.

Much like the university students that are being turned away because Universities want to maximise the amount of overseas students as they pay more money? They certainly aren't less intelligent than their foreign peers.

It's pathetic that a multi-cultural society is encouraged at the countries detriment.

But we're discussing employment here not Universities.

Because the natives are lazy **** tards?

This TBH. We have been recruiting at my company in central London for the past year for loads of testers and developers, and the only CVs that ever come through are from Indians or Pakistanis, so every one of our 10 or so hires has been Indian. I've been personally involved in hiring new SQL developers and a DBA, and it's the same story. I don't know where all the English IT people are. The salary is good too - around 35-40K, the industry standard for these skills and experience. The only English CVs we've had are from a handful of guys in their 40s and they would not fit in our team.

Eventually we hired a Lithuanian SQL developer and an Indian DBA, neither of which we really wanted to hire, but we had to since the hiring process had taken months. I can only assume younger people have been doing business degrees or perhaps don't want to leave their current jobs. Whatever the case, there is a severe lack of BSc educated English people in London based on our experience.

Last edited:

What about all of the immigrant workers that add significant value to our economy? Should we give British people the jobs just because they're British?

Might not be but I reckon foreign students are more likely to have taken stronger core subjects at their a level equivalent which then translates into taking more in-demand degrees which our employers are crying for.

Lots of our kids have been hoodwinked into taking weaker subjects by our own teachers to ensure high league table results to the detriment of our workforce.

Are you really blaming the likes of Monster.com ?

The agencies have different names over here but its the same setup. Business wants X amount of works to do job Y for Z amount of time. These are employment opportunity's not open to anyone not signed up with that said agency at that time. The business doesn't even employ its work force the agency does, in turn its a disposable work force and they hold a monopoly on employment.

I thought he might be refering to the high street ones, Adecco, Brooke Street etc etc I cant remember their names.

They are scum though and another reason why lower paid and Temp jobs are hideous. When an Employer is paying £12 an hour to an agent and the worker receives the minimum wage. Another Parasite in the chain. :D

Well that was my experiance of them.

Thats sums them up.

The only English CVs we've had are from a handful of guys in their 40s and they would not fit in our team.

:eek: You realise age discrimination is illegal right?

However your post touches on part of the problem, if your face don't fit - you don't get the job. Sadly these days there's a massive schism in society, between the middle and lower classes.

:eek: You realise age discrimination is illegal right?

However your post touches on part of the problem, if your face don't fit - you don't get the job. Sadly these days there's a massive schism in society, between the middle and lower classes.

That's allowed... + appearance + who they are friends with / related to etc etc. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom