Large reservoirs?

Soldato
I'm currently planning a loop to fit my girlfriend's laser cutter - it uses a 35L water tank as a heat soak. This is the extent of its cooling ability for the laser tube - water starts at ambient temperature, and slowly increases as it absorbs heat from the laser. Once it reaches 25 degrees C the laser mustn't be used, and in summer that is basically immediately.

I'm configuring a system with less water, and a peltier cooler to mildly chill the liquid down to around 15 degrees. Controlling the temperature so it's the same all day long/year round will also result in more consistent cutting.

I'm hoping the system will work as a closed loop, but it may need some thermal ballast so I thought about adding perhaps a 5L reservoir. Any ideas if something like this can be bought/made? Ideally with G1/4 ports so I can use proper fittings and seal it from the dust in her workshop!

Soldato
OP
Sounds like the Alphacool Eiszeit 2000 Chiller would do the job... but it is a little expensive!
Blimey!

TBF, at that price I could've bought the chiller unit with the laser and had change. I'm quite interested in seeing how the peltier works as it's relatively low power and noise.

Back
Top Bottom