Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Caporegime
Hi all,

After realising that since I was 15 I've spent £2.5k on contact lenses now I'm seriously considering laser eye treatment.

So whos had it done? How much did it cost? How quickly could you go back to work/normal life? Who would you recommend getting it done by? :)

Cheers,
Jake

Soldato
Had it done in 2005. Cost me £800 for both eyes (January sale, buy one eye get one free). Was fine to go back to work the next day, never regretted it, best thing I have ever done.

I had it done by Optimax.

Caporegime
I did it three years ago.

LASIK wavefront. -2.5 -3.0

It's great, do it. Amazing in fact.

I guess you're looking to ditch the specs on account of them not fitting in with your amazing hair?

Caporegime
OP
I guess you're looking to ditch the specs on account of them not fitting in with your amazing hair?

Not quite :p

Just over the years I've spent a lot of money and lenses rarely cause me irritation or issues, but it'd be nice if I never had to use them or glasses again :) - Glasses I hate...infact I detest them.

Considering its not as expensive as it used to be, I'm now seriously considering it. :)

Soldato
....but anyway, I'm considering it too, so interested to hear the responses. I'm tired of forking out £350 for lenses and frames, finding them annoying, and having to buy prescription sunglasses and contacts too. A pain, at the best of times.

I would have done it earlier but I was waiting for my prescription to settle down.

Associate
Had it done in 2005. Cost me £800 for both eyes (January sale, buy one eye get one free). Was fine to go back to work the next day, never regretted it, best thing I have ever done.

I had it done by Optimax.

I also had mine done at Optimax, Intralase LASIK with wavefront, pretty pricey but best money I've ever spent.

I just put it on standing order over 2 years so hardly notice it, will be finished paying off in a month or two actually.

I was like -4 ish in both eyes and I'm sure they put it to +0.25 so that as you deteriorate over time it comes through 0.

The feeling walking to your checkup the next day is great...number plates and leaves on trees were fascinating me on the walk to the place :)

Amazing how quick the procedure is, the worst part was being dizzy getting wheeled from the 'eye squashing machine' to the laser :p

I had no problems at all, i think it is pretty important to stick to your course of eyedrops afterwards.

Soldato
Is it possible to do an Astigmatism with this?

I'm Left eye
+0.00
-2.25 090

Right eye
-2.25 070

I have no idea what any of that means, can anyone explain it?

I have been meaning to look into it for awhile cause there isn't much worse than standing and banging with glasses on.

Associate
How much did you pay Moza?

Like ~£3k total, can't remember exactly. There were a lot cheaper options which all had longer recovery times or more risks etc. I wasn't up for the old 'pencil sharpener' to make the incision though which is what the advertised £300 an eye thing is! My eyes weren't something I was willing to scrimp on :p

POB

POB

Soldato
Got mine years ago via an offer on eBay, I think it was about £699 or something.

I had the non eye cutting version, LASEK.

Better then 20/20 vision and had zero problems since.

Thing that took the longest to adjust was me trying to push glasses on face even when they were not there.

Be prepared for the smell of pork burning when they are lasering!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom