Laser levels

Caporegime
Hi all

Couldn't see a general thread on these; I'm doing our downstairs toilet soon and was thinking of buying one for the tiling and studs.

Do people find them useful? Are the cheapies on Amazon OK, or should I shell out for a whizz bang 360 degree one from a big name?

Thanks.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks all.

Ordered this Amazon special as it comes with a magnetic bracket and one of those 'tick the box to apply this voucher that we could just apply anyway' discounts:

nKYBbXwh.png.jpg

Never had a real need for one in a bathroom tbh. I attach a baton to the wall and get it straight with a spirit level.
From what I've seen they're quite handy for ensuring the vertical is maintained up grout lines.

Caporegime
OP
FYI I got this

I just used it at weekend to put up a kitchen worktop. Put the brackets on the wall and placed the kitchen top on. Perfectly level.

Also for wall mounting my 2.0 speakers. Curtain rails, even making sure pictures are mounted on the wall 'level' with each other.

Edit. Seen you got one. It's one of the more useful DIY tools I've found. Definitely not a gimmick!

ZmXzBW1l.jpg
Curtain poles are a huge part of why I'm interested in these. They are a frigging nightmare to get level!

Caporegime
OP
I got one of the super cheap Bosch Quigo for just over £30 and it's been a god send, even for something as simple as putting up shelves it's super handy.

Will definitely invest in a fancy one before tackling my bathroom job though as the Quigo has limited reach
That's a good price, where from? That's what my Chinese one was (although Bosch is probably made in China too).

Caporegime
OP
They are good but remember you need a way of holding the laser level at the right height, a tripod like in the pics posted earlier is ideal.
Yes the magnetic attachment is good for that and I happened to have a tall camera tripod anyway that works well.

I think you can probably hang them from things on the ceiling too?

Back
Top Bottom