Laser printer printing blotchy band after refill

Associate
Hi

A few years ago i bought a 3rd party refill kit for my Konica Minolta Magicolor 1600w and after i finished, printing causes blotchy lines to appear. They are usually in the same place but if i print a few pages at once they become less until they are completely gone. When it finishes printing and i send something else to print they come back.

89pOeVO

If i print black and white it's a monotone splodge, otherwise it's a weird mix of colour, not sure if that's relevant or not.

Any ideas how i fix this or what the problem is?

Thanks

Soldato
You have already answered you own question, by saying you purchased a 3rd party refill kit

Have you never heard the saying "you get what you pay for"

Associate
OP
Wow, thanks for the helpful response. I put the toner in the original cartridges. It could be a variety of things, not just because it was a 3rd party refill kit, i was hoping someone with a bit more knowledge may have more of an idea based on what is happening.

Associate
It could be the transfer roller is worn or dirty you can clean it and any other drums in the cartridges and fuser with isopropyl alcohol, you should never touch any of these with your fingers or the grease /oil on your hands will contaminate them.

Associate
OP
I was quite careful when i replaced it but i think giving everything a clean would be a good place to start, thanks

Associate
if your not using original which i cannot blame you for because they are ridicules expensive then use compatible toners already manufactured and tested from factory. Good brands are just as good as original and soooooo much less expensive

Associate
Try taking the cartridge out of printer and give gentle shake. The powder can coming solid inside toner and gentle shake will loosen it up. It might work if this is the issue.

Associate
Normally the drums need replacing. Places that re-manufacture them should replace things like these. They've got limited life and also react to U/V light. Compatible toner cartridges are normally just that. Refill kit could have also had low quality toner thats clumping.

Back
Top Bottom