Lastest build (in pictures)

Associate
Well, here is my latest build in picture form. The specs are in my sig.

Polar Flo TT Block
1.JPG

Current case with older bits taken out
2.JPG

Bottom of the stacker looking quite sparse
3.JPG

Panaflow fan and dual heatercore assembly
4.JPG

More heatercore
5.JPG

The 1900 with a waterblock strapped on, and voltage regulators thermal pasted
11.JPG

Finished case front, LCD displaying card clocks/temps
12.JPG

Blue looking CPU block
13.JPG

It really is a pool!?
14.JPG

Everything sealed up
15.JPG

Last edited:
Looks very nice! A couple of questions if I may...

I've never quite understood why some cpu blocks have three barbs not two? As far as I can see, you are just using a y-splitter there - is that better than just using a block with two barbs?

Also, the heatercore is at the bottom of the case, right? Do you have the fans blowing downwards and out of the case? Does this introduce any strange airflow issues in the case?

Ta!

nightwish said:
Looks very nice! A couple of questions if I may...

I've never quite understood why some cpu blocks have three barbs not two? As far as I can see, you are just using a y-splitter there - is that better than just using a block with two barbs?

Also, the heatercore is at the bottom of the case, right? Do you have the fans blowing downwards and out of the case? Does this introduce any strange airflow issues in the case?

Ta!

In theory a 3 barb block is better when using a high flow loop like mine but it is also harder to install if you don't have space in your case.

The fans are currently blowing into the case and I have 2x 120mm fans and the PSU blowing out which should result in a slight negative pressure. The case temps seem OK but I'll be doing some experements over the next week finding the best arrangment.

The main issue I'm having is rather high CPU temps but I'm not sure yet if the block needs reseating or perhaps I'll remove the CPU shim?

welshtom said:
How are the vregs now that they have new thermal paste on them?

Tom

To be fair I didn't really test the card fully before doing that so don't have a baseline comparison but the temps are still around the 95 degree mark which is about what I would expect. :confused:

edit : actually those things with the heatsinks on aren't the voltage regs are they? No idea what they do but if it has a heatsink attached it's a good candidate for some AS5! :)

Last edited:
lol a bit surprised to find my thread resourected from the dead, I last posted in March! I have changed ISP since then.

In answer to the polarflo question, it is against OCUK rules to post links to competitors (even though they do not stock these products.) Most polarflo stuff is avalible in the UK, I'm not to fussed to be buying from the US. I ended up getting the CPU block and GPU block from different places in the end as they aren't hugely common. Just do a google search of places that stock watercooling stuff.

Beware that if you are interested in the GPU block it may need some customisation, I had to go to a model (plane/helicopter) shop in order to find some nuts and bolts small enough to thread through the graphics card (1.5mm width!)

Back
Top Bottom