Latest draft build

Soldato
These would be my changes.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £132.97 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Most coolers come with thermal paste either on it or in a tube so you could save by not buying any more.

slightly cheaper cooler

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £39.95 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Dual fan cooler

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £54.95 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

All in one coolers

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £189.94 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Associate
At least its not just me doing that lately :D

It is annoyingly confusing at times to get the B650 B560 to match with the correct cpu. It is good we have a good crowd here who just point out the error and do not try to score points or try to make themselves look smarter. We all make little mistakes and is nice we work together in this part of the forum.

Associate
OP
In terms of card.
The 16GB cards are either out of stock/preorder or way overpriced.
So what would be the cheapest card I could use with a view to upgrading later?

Soldato
A second hand 3080 10gig would be a good buy if you can find one at a good price. May not need to upgrade for a while with one either.
Also worth looking at the 6700xt as they pack 12 gig of ram again second hand can be had under £400.

Associate
OP
If went for this any suggestions on case
Realised that previous builds weren’t clockable.
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,576.62 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

Associate
At least its not just me doing that lately :D
not to worry:cry:, we've all done it
It is annoyingly confusing at times to get the B650 B560 to match with the correct cpu. It is good we have a good crowd here who just point out the error and do not try to score points or try to make themselves look smarter. We all make little mistakes and is nice we work together in this part of the forum.

trying to sort the drr4/ddr5 boards out was another one that I fell foul of..just thought I'd found the right board, to be told it might not work with ddr4 ...had actually thought I'd picked the ddr4 board at the time, but no alas.... I wish OCuk had some better filters to help narrow it down

Last edited:
Associate
trying to sort the drr4/ddr5 boards out was another one that I fell foul of..just thought I'd found the right board, to be told it might not work with ddr4 ...had actually thought I'd picked the ddr4 board at the time, but no alas.... I wish OCuk had some better filters to help narrow it down

Dude, your knowledge of the feature sets and pros and cons of current mobos is borderline obsessive :eek:. I know that if there is a mobo question you will come along and school us all, i should pay attention and learn something but all the while you are here I can stay lazy.

Soldato
Soldato
its the effeciency of the psu under loads and at idle. Gold is the sweet spot as the gains by going to platinum or titanium are far outweighed by the massive cost increase.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Still can’t decide on GPU…
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,385.08 (includes delivery: £13.20)​

Associate
The 6800xt is in a completely different ballpark to the 6700 and 3060 and the price reflects that. If I was choosing between the 3060 and 6700 I would always go for the 6700 when the price is almost the same , it is significantly faster and unless you absolutely have to have an Nv gpu it is a no brainer.

3060ti FE is currently out of stock and that is a very good option for £369 , check for stock refresh on Thurdays 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom