Latest MBP keyboard fault

Associate
My MBP has developed a fault whereby the volume up key has gone hard and won't push down or register very well anymore. I've booked a genius bar appointment for this weekend but want to know I'm prepared for the visit.

Are they likely to repair or replace the machine (difficult question I know).
If they do replace it, can I backup to Time Machine and have my OS completely mirrored and restored to how it is now on the new machine?

Man of Honour
The latest MBP doesn't have a volume button, it has a touch bar for volume,

If you have a physical button, then you're on the old MBP, and likely they'll just remove the key, have a clean around, and then pop it / a replacement key back on.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

To answer the Time Machine question, yes, it will return a new laptop to exactly the same state the old one was. So make sure you have it fully backed before you take it in, just in case they do swap the laptop (which I very much doubt).

Associate
OP
The whole experience so far with Apple has been awful with this.

10 days into the repair we found out the wrong part had been ordered so Apple are exchanging my machine with the refreshed 2017 equivalent.

Commissario
How old was your existing machine? Getting a brand spanking new current model laptop doesn't sound too awful, especially as it's been less than two weeks since you took it in.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

The whole experience so far with Apple has been awful with this.

10 days into the repair we found out the wrong part had been ordered so Apple are exchanging my machine with the refreshed 2017 equivalent.
You call that awful? The 2017 models are a massive step up from the previous models! Just goes to show you can never please everyone.

Back
Top Bottom