LCD Lightgun? Yes please.

Caporegime
My recoil now showing as shipping on April 8th, fingers crossed.

Edit - apologies I meant April 19th (#5000-6000).

Last edited:
Associate
I'd love to get this to play Time Crisis and Virtua Cop on a big screen. My concern is how much setup / tinkering is required. I dont have the time these days to spend hours tinkering.

What are people using for the more graphics intensive games? A small pc? Any minimum spec recommended?

And how quick and easy is it to get this all working - and is it family friendly, to launch games? I'd be looking at a 2 player setup, in case that makes any difference.

Associate
My recoil now showing as shipping on April 8th, fingers crossed.

Is that based on the update from yesterday? Where did you get the shipping date from as that isn't in the list unless you mean the 5th?

My indiegogo ID (single blue recoil) is in the 1100's so I am hoping for production next week with shipping the following!

Man of Honour
OP
I'd love to get this to play Time Crisis and Virtua Cop on a big screen. My concern is how much setup / tinkering is required. I dont have the time these days to spend hours tinkering.

What are people using for the more graphics intensive games? A small pc? Any minimum spec recommended?

And how quick and easy is it to get this all working - and is it family friendly, to launch games? I'd be looking at a 2 player setup, in case that makes any difference.

It's not complicated to setup, one app and a usb connection. It emulates a mouse, trigger is left mouse button, slide is right mouse button. Remappable if needed. There's a small amount of fiddling to get the borders correct so it works well. Once that's done, it's good.

I got mine running on a rough (Q6600, GT8800 and a half working motherboard and Windows 10, 42" LCD TV) setup in under 20 minutes. Been playing the Point Blank trilogy. :D Need to get it's permeant home set up. :D

Caporegime
What are the top games for this? I didn't play a huge amount of shooting games growing up bar the obvious ones (Duck Hunt, Time Crisis & Virtua Cop).

These are what I'm hoping to have running.

Point Break series
House of the Dead series
Virtua Cop series
Operation Wolf series
Lethal Enforcers
T2 Judgement Day
Time Crisis series
CarnEvil
Area51 series
Aliens Extermination
Luigi's Mansion
Jurassic Park - Lost World
Ghost Squad
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
2 Spicy
Die Hard Trilogy series
Sweet - thanks :)

Even better - you legend!!!! Just realised I think that's the Star Wars game I fell in love with as a child and couldn't stop playing it at some 5 storey computer game building in Disney World. So excited :D.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
What are the top games for this? I didn't play a huge amount of shooting games growing up bar the obvious ones (Duck Hunt, Time Crisis & Virtua Cop).

Point Break series
House of the Dead series
Virtua Cop series
Operation Wolf series
Lethal Enforcers
T2 Judgement Day
Time Crisis series
CarnEvil
Area51 series
Aliens Extermination
Luigi's Mansion
Ghost Squad
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
2 Spicy
Die Hard Trilogy series

Soldato
Finally put an order in for a recoil light gun in black. Expected delivery is May, I wish I'd put in for one sooner but I wanted to keep an eye on reviews.

I have seen some retro Pi 4 set ups which look pretty promising.

How are others finding theirs?

Last edited:
Soldato

Point Break series
House of the Dead series
Virtua Cop series
Operation Wolf series
Lethal Enforcers
T2 Judgement Day
Time Crisis series
CarnEvil
Area51 series
Aliens Extermination
Luigi's Mansion
Ghost Squad
Star Wars Trilogy Arcade
2 Spicy
Die Hard Trilogy series

Are these all on steam per chance?

My recoil guns should be here any day now. Hoping it’s not too much faff to get it setup.

Soldato
There is a really good guide on how to get a Sinden Light Gun working with original PS1 and PS2 hardware on a LCD. Looks like a fairly straight forward DIY mod.

Requires some tools (no soldering), an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, an OSSC (or PS1digital) and a cable to plug into the PS2 controller port (possibly a doner from a broken controller or extension cable as recommended in the video).

I thought I would share this here for those interested:

This guy is also making good tutorials to get the Sinden working with various hardware / emulators.

Last edited:
Associate
Whoohoo, my recoil guns just arrived. They look and feel fantastic. Much better than I expected. Right, I’d better get some games working.

Were you a Kickstarter or Indiegogo backer? If Indiegogo what was your contribution ID if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to gauge how legitimate the latest updates are in relation to my single recoil order (ID 11**). The "Fulfilled" status has been misused/abused which is frustrating and I am getting impatient! :D

Soldato
Ah man that sucks. Hopefully you get a replacement quick time!

Thanks, yeah it's a bit of a shame considering waiting a year for these. I'm glad id ordered two, because the other gun is perfect in operation and shows how things should be. Had I only ordered one gun, I might have been inclined to think they are all like this.

Just for clarity, my issue is the trigger is a bit slow to reset. There is just enough lag in the trigger returning, that it affects your rapid fire ability. Like I said, you only realise how handicapped this is when you try the other gun.

Hopefully they'll sort it soon, it'll just have to be single player for now :(

Associate
Ordered one of these tonight (non-recoil).

For those that have one - do they "scratch that itch" for playing a proper light gun game IE without the need for a cross hair ?

Man of Honour
OP
Indie. 7xx. I think one of my guns is duff sadly, I'm in conversation with them to fix/replace.
PfQRNJl.gif

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Been playing Point Blank and House of the Dead quite a bit. Other half has complaints about the noise of the recoil system, had to turn it off for now. :(

Caporegime
Hhhhmm less hopeful of getting it anytime soon. His current updates all seem to relate to <#5000*, was hoping to get mine shipped in March, then April.....

*I am #5138.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom