League One Play-Off Thread

Associate
I did a search first and couldn't find anything, so if something has already been posted I'm sorry. Also, as I saw a Championship one I thought I'd do a League one.

Tomorrow sees the first of 5 Play-Off games, with the 5th and final game being played at Old Trafford with the ultimate prize of Championship Football, one of whom are my club Huddersfield Town.

Below are the 4 fixtures.

Saturday, 14 May 2011
Bournemouth v Huddersfield, POSF, L1, 12:45
Sunday, 15 May 2011
MK Dons v Peterborough, POSF, L1, 12:15
Wednesday, 18 May 2011
Huddersfield v Bournemouth, POSF, L2, 19:45
Thursday, 19 May 2011
Peterborough v MK Dons, POSF, L2, 19:45

Unfortunately, I've been unable to attend many away games this year due to saving for Vegas but normally I do every away game unless something stops me from doing so. Last season I only missed one game and that was Millwall away in the League, and that was becuase I had a wedding to go to. This season I had done everyone until Southampton, when I found out I needed to save for vegas.

Anyway, putting aside all that, Huddersfield certainly deserve to go up, but not as much as Brighton and Southampton do due to them finishing first and second but we have far been the third best team in the division.

For the semi finals, I'd like to think Huddersfield Town can get through, I'll take a 1-0 loss or better to feel we have a chance at home, anything more then I will worry. I also think MK Dons have enough quality to beat Peterbrough over two legs.

So I predict a final between Town and MK Dons at OT, but I'll know more by end of play Sunday.

Who does everyone else think will win promotion?

It'd make for an intersting final that's for sure. I feel confident about getting to OT now but after what happened last time we went away and came home with a 1-0 win, we got hammered at home to Barnsley. Then last season didn't go as planned either.

I went to Wembley last year for the NFL, so I'll be glad to get OT of my list.

Back
Top Bottom