Learn To Code Bundle

Soldato
Just a heads up if anyones interested, Stacksocial currently have a deal on for programming courses which is kinda like the humble bundle, you can pay what you want for 2 courses Programming Java for Beginners and PSD to HTML5/CSS3 or beat the average to get all 8 courses.

The average is around £10 currently for 8 Udemy courses, not sure how good the courses are but thought it would be worth a punt.

Courses -

Become a Web Developer from Scratch ( 41 Hours )
Creating Responsive Web Design (1.5 Hours)
Build a Website from Scratch with HTML & CSS ( 8 Hours)
Learning Dynamic Website Design - PHP MySQL and JavaScript (12.5 hours)
IOS & Mac OS X Programming Tutorial - Objective C & Xcode (5 Hours )
Web Programming with Python ( 3 Hours )
Programming Java for Beginners - The Ultimate Java Tutorial ( 10 Hours )
PSD to HTML5/CSS3 ( 4 Hours )

You can find the deal on stacksocial on the developer category and then you will see it on the right.

https://stacksocial.com/?rid=1150743

Last edited:
Associate
I signed up today. Fully agree that there's lots of free stuff out there, more than enough to learn pretty much anything, but after doing several web-based courses I'm a bit of a convert, particularly since time is tight and it's nice to have all the content in one place.

Will feed back once I've put some time into it....

Soldato
I signed up today. Fully agree that there's lots of free stuff out there, more than enough to learn pretty much anything, but after doing several web-based courses I'm a bit of a convert, particularly since time is tight and it's nice to have all the content in one place.

Will feed back once I've put some time into it....
Hi,

Did you do the course? If so, how did you rate it?

Associate
Hi,

Did you do the course? If so, how did you rate it?

I did the HTML/CSS course and yeah it's a good grounding and the teaching style is good- simple and no messing around. It goes from the very basics and while it doesn't turn you into an instant expert or help with the creative side, for the money no complaints.

I've done the first few java lessons but too early to rate it.

The lesson interface is pretty good, I just ran it on the iPad while working on the PC.

Caporegime
have a look here - scroll down past the nanodegrees and you'll find a whole bunch of free courses - lots of them created by google:

www.udacity.com/courses/all

not much point paying for this sort of thing when you've got all those udacity lectures available for free

Soldato
have a look here - scroll down past the nanodegrees and you'll find a whole bunch of free courses - lots of them created by google:

www.udacity.com/courses/all

not much point paying for this sort of thing when you've got all those udacity lectures available for free

Thank you very much for posting this here! :)

You have not only saved me money but found some really good quality courses which are informative, fun, easy to follow and don't jump from beginner in lesson 1 to expert level in lesson 3.

Caporegime
Thank you very much for posting this here! :)

You have not only saved me money but found some really good quality courses which are informative, fun, easy to follow and don't jump from beginner in lesson 1 to expert level in lesson 3.

no worries...

FYI I think on some nanodegrees(sets of free courses + projects which you'll pay fees for) they're offering a job guarantee - if you don't get a job within 6 months of completion then they'll refund the fee

Soldato
no worries...

FYI I think on some nanodegrees(sets of free courses + projects which you'll pay fees for) they're offering a job guarantee - if you don't get a job within 6 months of completion then they'll refund the fee

All the ones I've seen have been based in the USA with promises to bring it to other countries as soon as possible. Worth checking their T&Cs on this before signing up. :)

Back
Top Bottom