learning advice

Associate
Hi,

Having come from a networking/scripting background, I have just completed an on line diploma in C programming language, as a step back into scripting. However there are so many courses out there I don't want to stop now.

I want to carry on, but I don't know which course to do next, and which one would consolidate my last course. Should I just go for C++ next or should I go for something different like SQL or Python.

Any budding programmers out there got any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Chris

Associate
OP
What you do next will completely depend on your goal. Do you want to get a programming job or do you just want to get some additional skills that would help in a networking/IT role? Or are you just interested as a hobby?
I used to have a Networking roll but got made redundant... Would obviously like to learn as much as possible, and maybe work in this field again, but for now I just want to lean for myself. I feel though, I have only just scratched the surface of 'C', and would like to move on. Do yo think C++ would advance what I have learnt already, or is ++ completely different?

Associate
OP
while taking all your advice in hand, I have been looking at C# developer jobs, and wondered what kind of work they normally are. A typical day for instance

Back
Top Bottom