Learning Python

Associate
I'd like to teach myself Python, I have a little previous experience with Visual Basic although this was now 2 years ago so most of what I learnt is now a distant memory.

Can anyone reccomend any good books or online courses for teaching myself?

I've had a look at http://www.python.org/ but I'd like something with more depth which would start with the basics and then bring me up to a decent level.

I'm not a complete novice but I would need to start from a fairly basic level.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply's, Should I choose 2.x over 3.x? I presume that if I choose 2.x it'll give me a good grounding to go on to use 3.x without too much??

Indeed I know what you mean...but I haven't done that. I had a look on Scribd and there is a bit of the book on there. Quite close to the start the book says 'I assume you can program in another language, This book will teach you how to program in Python. Although I do have a little bit of experience with Visual Basic I'd In no way class myself as being able to program in VB.

I have used code academy a bit and done a fair few exercises and it hasn't really introduced me to any new idea's, I've got on fine with it so far, It's getting the syntax right that is my problem at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom