Learning to use a Wacom ?

Caporegime
What is the best way to learn how to use one of these?

I have a Wacom Intuso 5 Medium for 5 months now and only used it sparingly as i guess I am used to the mouse. However, since I have it, as I bought it for some specific brush work in PS, I might as well learn how to use it in general workflow. But my problem seem to be the most basic one.

With a mouse, when I move the cursor to one end of the screen and if I am out of mousemat space, I simply lift up my mouse and move it to the centre and move the mouse but the cursor doesn't move to the centre of the screen.

I keep doing it with the pen...or something similar when moving the cursor, forgetting that the tablet is a reflection of the screen so that moving around is anti productive.

Is this something you get used to? and do you eventually know where to move quickly and accurately?

Caporegime
OP
The biggest challenge is the accuracy of the click.

With the mouse once you are over a certain pixel, you are there as long as you don't move the mouse, which is easy as it is on the desk, still and stationary.

With the pen I am holding it and I almost feel like I am shooting a gun or arrow at a target and need to hold my breath before clicking the pen/tapping the tablet to make that click command. Breath and I will move the cursor.

How do you overcome that?

Back
Top Bottom