Learning wordpress

Associate
Hi i am a relative newcomer to wordpress and i need to build a website for my business - which is a new range of snack food products.

I am bootstrapping at the moment so need to keep an eye on costs - I have read that wordpress is the easiest system to learn and should suit my needs perfectly.

are there any online courses i can take that will guide me through building my first website ?

thanks

Associate
http://teamtreehouse.com/ have a WordPress course on there which will set you up perfectly for what you want. You could just pay for the 1 month course and sit down each day for a few hours and you will by the end of your month have learnt enough to go forward and make your own WordPress based site.

I have recommended this approach to a couple of friends who wanted to get in to WordPress and they couldn't have found it easier!

Associate
What level are you at already? For example, have you made static sites in the past or have you never done any development?

If it is the latter, buy some hosting through VidaHost, get your domain name setup and install Wordpress. Really simple, they have a wizard to install it for you.

Then buy a theme. The whole thing will set you back about £100 depending on the theme.

If you've developed before. Plan out how you want your site to look and operate, and tackle one section at a time. It'll take a while but i'm sure you will be able to pick it up quickly.

Best way to learn is to do in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom