Leather Seat Care Help...

Associate
I used to use baby wipes frequently and then an occasional leather conditioner from budget-midrange brands.

However I have just treat myself to an Audi S3, with Recaro buckets which I've always wanted. I believe they were a £2500 option at new.

The car is otherwise mint, barring the passenger side Recaro base. It has some odd staining. The chap I have bought the car from seems to think the previous owner might have bodged a DIY leather dying solution. He told me he has previously tried to steam it but didnt really help.

Ultimately I can live with it, as still feel privileged to have these rare seats over the standards.

Anywhoo - suggestions?

Jba33a4l.jpg

VCSdHXkl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You shouldn't use baby wipes on leather it will dry the leather out, lift the paint off and cause it to peel over time.

Really!? Damn, my missus has been using them on our leather suite too! :(

We always though it would have been a cheap option for regular weekly cleaning and nourishing!

Associate
OP
Satnav was on my list, but ultimately made the sacrifice as its (hopefully) the easiest to retrofit. Mostly wanted Bose, flat bottom MFSW and black paint. Seats were a bonus. Paid £12K, has 60K. Some terrible examples around the trade, £13-£14K and some are full on poverty spec, no leather!

Few things I'd like to consider in time;

Retrofit a 2014 Satnav
Rear tints
Blacked front grille
Remap, though avoiding mods.

Coming from the Scooby, a 4 pot is never going to sound as good so dont plan on adding induction kits or exhaust. This car is meant to be my first foray in to subtlety :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah even the vids on youtube with various mods still leave it sounding...wheezy.

Perhaps I'll skip the tints :D

P.S. Any pics of yours with the black grille? The missus wants to know what it would look like before she lets me make a mess :o

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Noice...

images

Associate
OP
Very subjective I guess. I like it, but dont know if I can be arsed with the expense and complexity (bumper has to come off)

I'll focus on enjoying the car first - when I get it. In other news, Turtle Wax Leather Cream was on offer in Tesco so got a bottle of that to try first.

Associate
OP
How'd you get on OP?

Dont get the car for another 2 weeks, but had a test run on the leather suite with the cheap Turtlewax Leather Cream I got in Tesco in the sale. Its done the couch wonders thats for sure.

Been reading up on agitating the leather with a brush, little apprehensive about that. I am wondering also if the steering wheel would benefit too?

Some very good suggestions in this thread :)

Associate
OP
I spent a while on my steering wheel, S Line MFSW - Wiped down, used Dr Leather wipes then the magic eraser, then wipe with a microfibre cloth. This left a nice matte finish.

Every other week the eraser and cloth keeps it in good condition.

Love them Recaro's, snug fit for a fitting car!

Would you be kind enough to link me to these magic erasers please? You have me sold :)

As Ive always had used cars, it only occured to me recently that a steering wheel should not be shiny, but matte!

Back
Top Bottom