DELETED_250507

Soldato
Thanks for that! I think you're probably right, honesty is always best. I'm definitely not a Karen :cry: just boring old AJ.
Honesty isn’t always the best policy but in this instance I’d say it would be for the best. Jackson, Andrea Jackson. That’s a strong name. If that’s not your name I think you should change it to that. It has a good strong ring to it. You could say you were named after the 7th president of the United States. That makes strong statement.

Soldato
To answer the OP, just apply for jobs and leave when successful.

No need to tell your current employer anything and completely up to you what you tell your new potential employer. To be honest if an interviewee told me that they'd just taken the job as they needed the money while applying for more suitable jobs I wouldn't hold it against them. If anything it shows drive and flexibility.

Soldato
Jsut dont sign anything that locks you in, some companies can be scumbags, that even with probation you cant look for work in similar fields etc.

That's unlikely to stand in court, especially during a probationary period. It's only things like sign-on bonuses you have to be careful of, as whilst you may get it in your first pay, it probably comes with a clause of staying for X duration otherwise you have to pay it back.

Man of Honour
[..]
(Just as a foot note: I hadn't realised this was only a Computer Hardware Forum, I Googled 'UK Work forums' and this was the top search and it said underneath 'Please post anything relating to job searches, interviews, applications and career related questions in this forum'. Probably my fault for not doing more research. I'll delete my account and find a more appropriate forum. Sorry about that.)

It's not really a computer hardware forum. Not any more. It started as one and it's run by a computer hardware business and it contains computer hardware forums, but it's now a much wider thing. There are a couple of dozen forums, some for computer hardware and some not. You posted in the general discussion section, which definitely isn't a computer hardware forum.

Soldato
Jsut dont sign anything that locks you in, some companies can be scumbags, that even with probation you cant look for work in similar fields etc.

I've seen this contract clause on multiple occasions, they often say that you can't go and work in the same field for a period of 6 months etc. I myself have signed two contracts for two great companies that had these clauses in as standard. In my experience, they were never, ever, ever, enforced.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has seen them enforced.

Soldato
I've seen this contract clause on multiple occasions, they often say that you can't go and work in the same field for a period of 6 months etc. I myself have signed two contracts for two great companies that had these clauses in as standard. In my experience, they were never, ever, ever, enforced.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone else has seen them enforced.
During the redundancy at Triumph, a colleague brought this up as one of the questions and the company said they would not waive the clause. Royal enfield had a field day so i'm not sure how well that went.

Back
Top Bottom