LED headlight bulbs

Underboss
Had a hard think, and i can see , that type might fit my car, , as long as there are prongs to attach the fitting from the harness to the bulbs

my only concern is the length of it, and might not accommodate the wire very well
Are you looking to replace full beam or dipped?

having looked at the video it doesn’t look like it’s a twist

Edit: what do you get recommended if you pop your plate in here: https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/headlight-bulbs/

popped my reg in, comes up as a nissan X-Trail lol

its right tough

H4 dipped
H1 main

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/nissan-x-trail-suv-2009-2010-59.html

Soldato
Had a hard think, and i can see , that type might fit my car, , as long as there are prongs to attach the fitting from the harness to the bulbs

my only concern is the length of it, and might not accommodate the wire very well

popped my reg in, comes up as a nissan X-Trail lol

With the ones from Autobeam, you get a larger cap to put over the bulb to accommodate the longer length.

Underboss
Not sure what you mean to be honest!

if they are longer the original caps may not fit over,
the autobeam ones, are £10 for the caps (domed shaped)

HEADLIGHT_1524x1524_af0ec826-4bd3-4920-9ae7-0d736f418f20_1024x1024.png

Underboss
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nighteye...605481?hash=item23c302f1e9:g:ZGwAAOSwJO9dVL-n

Got these as main beams in one of my older cars, the light output is phenomenal.

UPDATE /

Dont fit my car (cant secure it) so ive ordered a part that might do the trick

in the meantime, my dad put them in his car (Citroen C5 Estate i think) and he got flashed a few times driving 20 mins

so i would say, these are too bright

i will try them in my car as the housing is different (i have a Ford) so will see how it goes, if i get people flashing me, they will be going back, so alternatives to these ?

Soldato
UPDATE /

Dont fit my car (cant secure it) so ive ordered a part that might do the trick

in the meantime, my dad put them in his car (Citroen C5 Estate i think) and he got flashed a few times driving 20 mins

i will try them in my car as the housing is different (i have a Ford) so will see how it goes, if i get people flashing me, they will be going back, so alternatives to these ?

They're no good as dipped beam in reflector headlights, they will only give you a proper beam pattern in a projector lens headlamp, it doesn't matter which led bulbs you buy, they'll all end up blinding others in a reflector unit. I use them as main beam only for which they are fantastic.

Soldato

the light is coming out in the wrong places .. they're not too bright ... do they have a ce mark ?
you surprise me if they will return your money, if you have fired them up, versus just checking fitment.

They're no good as dipped beam in reflector headlights
do you think that's because the light source is not at the right point versus a halogen though, the led units don't give one concentrated point ... so the lights in the wrong place

Soldato
isint there a massive dedicated thread for LED bulbs, saying they should be banned, and people that fit them to cars that are not designed for them are *****

Man of Honour
An LED bulb in a projector is very effective - it doesn't have to be a projector designed for an LED bulb as such.

In reflector headlights, the results are wildly unpredictable, I've seen both good and bad outcomes.

Soldato
An LED bulb in a projector is very effective - it doesn't have to be a projector designed for an LED bulb as such.

In reflector headlights, the results are wildly unpredictable, I've seen both good and bad outcomes.

This pretty much, projector lenses generally give you a beautifully clear cut beam no matter what light source is used. Reflector units are generally quite poor, and a lot of light 'leaks' out beyond the beam pattern which causes the blinding of other road users.

Back
Top Bottom