LED screens - Anyone have one?

Soldato
I`ll post another reply soon, I`m currently awaiting delivery of an XPS 1330 with LED screen (300nits - whatever that means). Think it`ll be with me in the next working day or two.
I think LED screens are supposed to be brighter and also use less power.

Soldato
I've got one on my M1330. Seems nice enough, blacks look good, but I wouldn't say it looks dramatically better than the CCFL version, which I've also used.

Soldato
OP
I have a 1330 with the CCFL which looks fine to me. A lot more even then my 9400 laptop. But if I was ordering another one, I was wondering is the LED worth seeking out.

Soldato
It's a bit lighter and thinner than the CCFL display, and uses less power so battery life is a bit longer. I went for it largely because my main priority was to have a slim, lightweight notebook. At the time, Dell were doing some stupidly good deals on M1330s so I managed to get mine, with the LED display and an upgraded CPU, for about £550.

Associate
Just bought a Dell Studio 15 (1537 model) which has the WXGA LED screen and i think its great!. I actually run it with the brightness at its lowest setting as its plenty bright enough for indoor use and would be a lot better for outdoor use than the CCFL I have in my XPS M1330. The LED screen definately seems to have better contrast but can't comment on battery life as the machines are so different. Oh and as mentioned, the LED in the M1330 means a thinner/lighter lid which may appeal but I can't see it making much of a difference overall.

NS

Back
Top Bottom