Led security floodlights

Soldato
I bought 2 of this type minus pir and 30w for down the side of our house, they are superb.
Obviously I don't know the area you intend to light up but as you can see, I've just took this photo and my 30w really chuck out a lot of light so 50w would be fantastic.

20121015_213624.jpg

Soldato
^^ thanks for reply. looking good! are yours the cool white bulb?

I'm only looking to light up side of house/ small back garden.

No, I'm pretty sure they're warm even though they do look quite cold.
I find most led lights tend to have a blue tinge unless you get warm.

This is what I got and who I got them from:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30W-SMD-LED-Warm-White-Floodlight-Garden-Outdoor-Waterproof-IP65-Flood-Light-UK-/270935063141?pt=UK_Garden_Lighting&hash=item3f14fcfa65

Soldato
Dont consider any of the type without the CREE LED in them.

I got a "150w equivalent" LED security light from an electrical retailer and it was a joke.
Mine is the type with a grid array of "normal" type white LEDs and the light output is an actual joke.

Associate
i have just purchased some 28 LED flood lights from cpc they were on offer of 4 pounds they are not that bad and save so much money on electricy as they use 4 watts of electricy

Soldato
Dont consider any of the type without the CREE LED in them.

I got a "150w equivalent" LED security light from an electrical retailer and it was a joke.
Mine is the type with a grid array of "normal" type white LEDs and the light output is an actual joke.

You don't need to go with CREE, as long as you avoid this type you'll be fine.

18_2.jpg

Soldato
You don't need to go with CREE, as long as you avoid this type you'll be fine.

18_2.jpg

That's the fella.... Mine is point downwards from near the 1st floor window onto the patio below, and i get more light if I open the curtains to the patio doors and turn the dining room lights on.

I assumed that the other type were CREE LEDs.

EDIT: AAhh, just looked at the actual link - they are SMD's, not a single CREE LED. My bad.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
That's the fella.... Mine is point downwards from near the 1st floor window onto the patio below, and i get more light if I open the curtains to the patio doors and turn the dining room lights on.

I assumed that the other type were CREE LEDs.

EDIT: AAhh, just looked at the actual link - they are SMD's, not a single CREE LED. My bad.

they're actually halfway between SMD's and power-LEDs, they've got probably .75mm x .75mm LED dies, but in a matrix of 30 or 40 of them. They're not as efficient as CREE LEDs but are demonstrably effective nonetheless. :)

They'll use an LED module something like this;
http://dx.com/p/50w-4000lm-led-emitter-metal-plate-white-32-36v-47260?item=7

Last edited:
Associate
Be interesting to know how long these last... my standard 500w only lasts about 8 months before it died.

The rain / cold / sun whatever eventually kills the bulbs... I got sick of changing the bulbs and now dont bother.

Soldato
Be interesting to know how long these last... my standard 500w only lasts about 8 months before it died.

The rain / cold / sun whatever eventually kills the bulbs... I got sick of changing the bulbs and now dont bother.

?? You're talking about halogen bulbs right?

LED will have a vastly longer lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom