Legality of catching/shooting wood pigeon

Associate
Recently on TV i've seen a lot of wood pigeon being cooked, and have eaten it myself in the past, however i've also got a flock of them in my garden looking plump and juicy, and being the hunter gatherer type wondered where i stood legally in regard to catching, trapping, shooting or using the cat to catch some of these juicy critters in my own garden?

Found info online about sport hunting and on farmers' land, but don't want pc plod knocking on the door if i go out and buy an air rifle and start shooting wildly from the windows.

I'm also considering squirrel (grey obviously) as i'm aware they are pests but can i hunt or catch these in the garden? had red squirrel in america that was caught with blow pipes whilst my mates were out hunting deer and wouldn't mind re-creating their squirrel pie and jerky

Associate
OP
So if I plant some leeks and onions and find the critters eating them, I can shoot them?

Also, to the guy above, I was thinking of an air rifle so a silencer wouldn't be needed. Not that i'd know where to buy a proper rifle in London anyway?

Back
Top Bottom