Legion T7, 34IMZ5 ES, poor 3DMark score at stock settings

Associate
Hi all

I recently bought a desktop Legion T7. I ran it through the 3dmark demo on steam and the results are far below average, both for the CPU and the GPU test.

3dmark score
https://i.imgur.com/2ozMT7d.jpg

Specs:
i7-10700KF
1x16 GB DDR4 SDRAM / 3200 MHz
GeForce RTX 3080 / 10 GB GDDR6 SDRAM
PSU 850 Watt

Comments:
- No overclocking.
- I've used the Lenovo vantage to maximize the power output.
- I've messed about with the windows 10 power settings, e.g., balanced to high performance.
- The CPU scores are low in passmark as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the root cause for this? Anyone with a Legion T7 that is happy with their score?

Soldato
Yeah dual channel will make a big difference especially for gaming.

Try get a ram stick with the same speed and timings or even the same part number if possible as that will avoid any compatibility issues.

Check the board manual for which slot it goes in, it's usually A2 B2 for dual channel.

Associate
those ram timing are pretty loose. you could tighten them to 18-20-20 at 1.35v and yes you would need another ram stick to make use of dual channel which would give a nice boost in all desktop use, including 3dmark.

Soldato
You won't magically fix this adding a second stick of memory(it will improve performance, yes, technically but if the system isn't performing overall something else needs tweaking), not sure what that guy is smoking. Tighten your timings and check your power saving settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try enabling the Ultimate performance power plan by running

Code:
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

at an elevated command prompt. Then selecting it.

Back
Top Bottom