Lenovo Laptop Battery Not Charging

Associate
Hi folks

I have a Lenovo laptop, which for the last year and three quarters has been superb, up until now. For some reason, the battery now completley refuses to charge off the AC adapter. I have read up and this seems to be quite a common problem with Lenovo and indeed, they were offering free replacements if you were within the first 18 months of ownership. Now I am missing out on this by just 3 months, which I am not happy about, but I was just wondering, how long should a laptop battery last for before it dies? Is there a rough average as I have been looking at how much it would cost to replace and I think I am looking at about £50!! Really dont see why I should need to if this part really shouldnt be failing by now.

Thanks

Soldato
i would say they should hold 90-100% of their charge for 2 years at least, but it can vary greatly with quality of components, its not unheard of them lasting less than 6 months either. Its a very variable item subject to a lot of factors such as heat, storage and use can affect its life.

Associate
Batteries are classed as consumables, and in most cases are only covered for 6 months. The 18 month offer from Lenovo is already above and beyond most other notebook manufactures.

No battery is going to hold 90% charge after 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom