Lenovo laptop bloatware....

Associate
Advised my mum to get an asus on finance, instead of lenovo, personally I hate the old kinda design and all. But it's generally better for multimedia purposes which she said she intends to use it for.
Anyhow, setting it up feels like its so slow and full of bloatware, main programs I see installed are power2go, which are vid and photo gallery editors/players etc. Its the i3 ideapad 510.

Are there any tools to clear up any bloatware im not aware of and make it faster? Or will a fully clean win10 install void any of the warranty she has with pc world?

Soldato
Check the warranty. I wouldn't see why warranty is void on the hardware if you reinstall windows.

Can't you just go into programs and uninstall stuff you don't recoginse as useful drivers/applications?

If the laptop catches fire it has nothing to do with having a fresh windows install lol

You could just lose software support.

Associate
OP
Check the warranty. I wouldn't see why warranty is void on the hardware if you reinstall windows.

Can't you just go into programs and uninstall stuff you don't recoginse as useful drivers/applications?

If the laptop catches fire it has nothing to do with having a fresh windows install lol

You could just lose software support.
It's just weird how much bloatware is abused onto this laptop, my 4 year old asus laptop runs faster than this, and has the same specs, how can they get away with it lol

Soldato
i would image the HDD first, then fresh install windows
why image the HDD? its nonsense. Lenovo sells huge volume of their laptops to businesses, and large organisations buy these and install their own OS and softwares and they don't have any sort of warranty issues.

not worries. clean install.

I alway clean install OS when I get new computer. I just like to do that because I don't want crap or things I don't need to be installed. Given that W10 you have zero control of that at installation anymore and I don't trust the ISOs out there which claim to have bits of software stripped out which can also easily have other things slip streamed in...

Back
Top Bottom