Lenovo x121e netbook

Associate
Edit: I think I'm just going to recommend the one with the AMD processor as the i3 doesn't seem to be available anymore if you order from Lenovo.

Or maybe the S206. Or a HP DM1... Argh :(

Last edited:
Associate
Edit: I think I'm just going to recommend the one with the AMD processor as the i3 doesn't seem to be available anymore if you order from Lenovo.

Or maybe the S206. Or a HP DM1... Argh :(

I feel your pain buddy, I am having the same issue at the moment.

Should have bought the i3 model whilst I could, but I was waiting for ivy bridge.

Associate
I feel your pain buddy, I am having the same issue at the moment.

Should have bought the i3 model whilst I could, but I was waiting for ivy bridge.

Yeah, I contacted Lenovo and it doesn't seem like it'll be coming back - they referred me on to a third party seller but it's on there for £460 or so which I don't think is worth it.

In the end, I recommended the Acer Aspire V5-171. It's got the Core i3 2367M, 11.1" LED, 4GB RAM so quite nice specs, plus it's only 27.35mm thick and weighs 1.38kg. Main problem though it's only advertised as having 'up to 5 hours' battery life so that could be pretty disappointing, and there doesn't seem to be any decent reviews for it yet to check.

It can be had for £370 from a retailer which is named after the plural of a popular indian dish. With a SSD installed it should really fly.

Associate
Yeah, I contacted Lenovo and it doesn't seem like it'll be coming back - they referred me on to a third party seller but it's on there for £460 or so which I don't think is worth it.

In the end, I recommended the Acer Aspire V5-171. It's got the Core i3 2367M, 11.1" LED, 4GB RAM so quite nice specs, plus it's only 27.35mm thick and weighs 1.38kg. Main problem though it's only advertised as having 'up to 5 hours' battery life so that could be pretty disappointing, and there doesn't seem to be any decent reviews for it yet to check.

It can be had for £370 from a retailer which is named after the plural of a popular indian dish. With a SSD installed it should really fly.

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

I am shocked at it not coming back though, it would be perfect with an i3 (ivy bridge) :eek::(

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Have the option to pick an x121e up with the AMD E350 and 8gb RAM for £250.

Would this be considered a good price considering the chip is probably the slowest for the device?

I only need this for on the move work (trains, planes etc).

Associate
Thread resurrection!

Does anyone still use their X121e?

I do. I just replaced the mechanical disk with an SSD, and restored the factory windows installation on it. Still going strong!

Associate
I've had mine for about 3 years and used it pretty much every day since I got it. I recently replaced it with a Dell XPS 13, but the x121e is still working - my mum now uses it as her main PC. :cool:

Soldato
Yes.....every day.
The hinge is fubar, It's been great though.

You need to tighten up the two screws under the hinges regularly. If you loose a screw, then the plastic around it can break up and get into the fan, so watch out for that too. If your fan isn't running, it's probably a chunk of plastic caught in it.

Solid machine I have to say, SanDisk SSD on the other hand... :(

Associate
I've had mine for about 3 years and used it pretty much every day since I got it. I recently replaced it with a Dell XPS 13, but the x121e is still working - my mum now uses it as her main PC. :cool:

That's cool. Great PC to be gifted.

Weighing up whether I should upgrade the memory to 8GB in mine for £17.99. It already has an SSD though, so not sure if that's worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom