Lets talk mopeds :)

Associate
Hello im looking for some advice, firstly i know these are annoying hair dryers etc etc but i need one :)

so

Ive been looking at the peugeot speedfight 2 50cc (second hand off ebay) is this a good moped? are there any better for around 700?, please i dont want a fugly looking one :).

Also what performace upgrades can you put on/tweak to make it go faster (preferably insurance happy) i was looking at adding a Leo Vince TT exhaust would this improve anything? people say it will make it faster to around 45mph??

regards

The main things that are annoying about mopeds:

1 - idiot boys who think they are better than they are
2 - noisy

Now, anyone who wants it to go faster or be noisier fits in category 1.

Cheers, as i said i know there annoying etc but im just looking for some advice.

i actually dont want it to be noisyer.

A moped can not legally go faster than 31mph so there are no insurance friendly tweaks. As soon as it goes faster than 31mph it needs re classing as a motorcycle to keep the insurance valid.

If you want speed get the 100cc version.

ahh ok. i cant get the 100cc, what would that exhaust actually do?

Why do you want it to go faster? You haven't even had one yet and want it faster.

Exactly the mentality of someone who shouldn't have one tbh.

I didnt say i wanted it faster i was inquiring on how to/if it was legal and concidering its not legal i wont be doing that. So ive got a bad mentality because i inquired? well i think i do seeing as i wont as its not legal....

Make it noisier and 0.001mph faster.

okay, thankyou.

any input towards which one to get? :)

I assume your 16, can you not just wait a year and spend your money on a 125 motorbike? As you seem like the type of person who isn't going to be happy about 30mph all the time.

Yea assume right, no i cant as where i work is in the middle of bloody nowhere and there isnt a bus that goes near by and my dads getting peed off keep giving me lifts. Na il be fine with it :)

I have been riding for about 8 months now, an 04 plate Aprilia Rx 50. I wanted a geared bike because I would rather change gears rather than a rev & go, and having a geared bike is 'cooler' too. I only use it to go to college.

My bike is de-restricted (Has an after market exhaust installed, got it with the bike) only paid £600 for the bike but had to do a few bits to it. Easily goes 50mph, and I have had no problems with police on 40/50 mph roads. If you think about it, it's probably 'safer' to have the bike de - restricted as you can meet the speed limit if the roads are above 30mph. you won't have people trying to overtake you, beeping at you etc. In my eyes, I think its safer. Even when I did my CBT on a 50cc scooter, was totally standard and that went over 40mph, and the instructor didn't say anything about me going over '31mph'.

Out of scooters, I think the Yammaha Areox is the quickest scooter available to buy, but can't comment on reliability.

thankyou :)

i was looking at that moped to

Last edited:
I hate the 50cc brigade, always getting in the way of other traffic, slowing us all down to there speed.

Ban them and ban them now

*sigh* if its the only way of transport for a 16 year old then thats fair. I dont get why everyone one (well most of) bitch about them. Well theres people saying mines too fast now so we just cant win can we.

*opens can of worms*

When you learn to drive a car, or have kids that try to sleep at night, you will learn how annoying muppet moped riders can be.

Maybe so, but until them im all for the freedom. And as you say they can be annoying no one on my street who have them rev it up at 7am they roll them to the end of the road and then start them so they dont wake anyone up.

It's not the mornings that are the issue, it's the evenings when kids like you and your mates decide to ride around estates etc.
Freedom I'm all for, just move the hell over (when holding up traffic) and learn how to be a considerate road user :)

Ahh i see, good thing im not on an estate so i dont need to worry about that. As you say holding up traffic mines abit more nippy than most so i should be able to keep up and not slow anything down, Yea i intend to my dads a very experienced motorbike rider and will be teaching me the ropes before i go off to do my cbt, i know the type of chavvy teen your on about but im not one of those.

Back
Top Bottom