Letter from VirginMedia.... Outrageous ?

Associate
http://postimg.org/image/78fyntrr1/

Has anyone had anything like this from them before?

Received this letter this morning from Virgin Media.
few things to point out.... It isn't Miss.... Its Mrs , You've been told over 10times to address this and had 2 copies of marrige certificates.
I'm not a third party- As you full well know I am Mr Winter...

I wasn't physically abusive NOR verbally... I did however ask your so called engineer to leave after she thought unplugging the co-ax and plugging it back in 5times would fix an issue I've had for 7years.

This is MY house and If I ask someone to leave because

A - I was promised a manager/senior engineer and got someone who didn't know red from blue.
B - She spoke to me like I was some moron that knew nothing about PCs or connections.....

I asked her to leave AFTER she used the phrase.... I'm not physic... after a simple do you think unplugging that and just plugging it back in will fix the issue that actually lies with the cables under the road...

Any comments ? I've put in an order with Sky in the time being.

Associate
Hate to go down the classic OCUK route of blaming the op but I definitely get the feeling we're not getting the full story here.

It seems weird that the engineer would go to the trouble of formally reporting you abusing them if you just asked them to leave the house. Virgin must know that once they sent this letter they will lose you as a customer so there must be more to this.

*Ninja Edit*

It's a good job my eyesight is good!!

Underboss
I can't see the letter well enough to be able to read it but sounds like you have had a tiif with Virgin, I've had a few arguments with their engineers in the past and never had a letter.

She clearly felt in some way threatened by you/your behaviour and told her boss.

Write back explaining your side to the saga.

Soldato
was your problem the TV picture cutting out?

common problem due to a crushed cable underground. Nothing they can do, so you have to switch to sky

does remind me of the time we had a sky engineer visit to install the dish. He was obviously wanting to get home and do our job as quickly as possible. He ran the coax cable straight across the outside wall. I told him I wanted it to run down the side of the house, along the bottom and then back up again to the dish.

He moaned about it taking him ages, to which I replied 'not my problem mate' I did make him a cup of tea!

To be fair, he was a funny bloke. He kept saying to my wife....'your husband has had me running ragged doing this job'

Top bloke actually, and gave me a wad of friends and family codes :D then when phoning sky to activate the card somehow managed to get me

2TB BOX
500GB BOX
Entertainment Extra
HD
Multi Room

for about £10 a month lol

Unfortunately that was for 12 months, after which I cancelled (used the dish for erm, something else)

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've had crap experiences with Virgin and BT engineers. Had a really good BT engineer once, but the vast majority have just been rhesus monkies in boilersuits.

If you're really that annoyed, write a letter back explaining why the engineer was asked to leave and seek compensation down that route. Also, try to be less annoyed by people who send you letters. It's just a piece of paper.

Associate
To get a letter like that you must have been like super angry or something. The engineer probably felt threatened.

Although I do agree "engineers" are a pain in the backside. And if you have had issues for 7 years why on earth are you still with them!?!

Soldato
To get a letter like that you must have been like super angry or something. The engineer probably felt threatened.

Although I do agree "engineers" are a pain in the backside. And if you have had issues for 7 years why on earth are you still with them!?!

depends how old the engineer was, most under 25s will feel threatened if you look at them wrong

Associate
OP
Basically this issue has been on-going for 7 years..
Everytime they come out they feed me just a little more rubbish. I wasn't rude or abusive past the fact I asked her to leave because she was unable to fix the problem and was wasting my time and her own/companys.

2 managers came around on monday just gone and told me there was no issue at all and I was simply being STM'd... and had been since the very start. Now STM shouldn't cause DC's ALL day every day and I would have thought I would have had a letter downloading too much... (When I asked I was told I download around 80gb per month) .. but It wasn't my downloads causing the STM it was the Upload.... !!!!!!
You know the 1.6mb upload that I never use as I've no reason to other than the odd picture shrunk for forums... =/

Soldato
Hate to go down the classic OCUK route of blaming the op but I definitely get the feeling we're not getting the full story here.

It seems weird that the engineer would go to the trouble of formally reporting you abusing them if you just asked them to leave the house. Virgin must know that once they sent this letter they will lose you as a customer so there must be more to this.

*Ninja Edit*

It's a good job my eyesight is good!!

I would suggest it's a stalling tactic from Virgin, the OP states the issue has been on-going for 7 years without a resolution.

Associate
I think it's great that a company stands up for its employees.

Many people think they can treat people badly because they buy a product or service from the company that employs them.

Maybe you should have been a bit more polite. Here are the things I am reading that make me think you are less than pleasant to deal with.

It isn't Miss.... Its Mrs - whoopdedoo, nobody cares about your need to be addressed so specifically

You've been told over 10times to address this and had 2 copies of marrige certificates.- more aggressive sounding ranting

so called engineer - insulting

This is MY house - they are there for your benefit oh mighty one

someone who didn't know red from blue. - insulting

some moron that knew nothing about PCs or connections. - insulting

I'm not physic - can't spell

To be frank, it sounds like you were rude and someone didn't put up with it.

Associate
Yes got to say I been with them over 15 years and have experienced nothing but good service from them both on the phone and engineer visits to my house. However, I do know you can come across some difficult people out there!

Back
Top Bottom