Levi 501s...will they shrink much?

Soldato
Hey guys. I bought a pair of 501 Straight Leg Ground down jeans today. Nowhere on the label does it say that they are actual shrink-to-fit but there is a little card stapled to them that says home laundering may cause slight shrinkage.

What I am curious to know is just how much shrinkage might take place? I bought 32" waist which fit just fine but worry that they might shrink after their first wash. Leg length isn't too much of an issue as they are just a bit long anyway and there is plenty of room in the leg and seat, it's just the waist I worry about.

Input welcomed please don't want to ruin them first time. :)

Soldato
OP
Whilst they aren't what I would call tight, there isn't really room for shrinkage. Do they stretch a bit after the first post-wash wear?

Soldato
OP
Appreciate the replies. These are the 501s that I bought. Can I expect the colour to fade much from what it is in that picture? Shame I didn't get them for that price though.

Soldato
OP
They'll only face if you wash them regularly and don't wash inside out!

Sorry Maccy I misread this a few days ago and only just reread it. So I shouldn't wash them inside out? I thought you were supposed to. What's the reason for not doing so?

Back
Top Bottom