Levi jeans on Amazon - what's the catch?

Associate
Hey everyone, so I own a few pairs of Levi jeans, some from the Levi shop directly, and others from Amazon. The ones on Amazon are almost always around the price they are in the shop while a big sale is on, but that worries me somewhat.

What's going on?

They're surely not knock-offs because they're sold directly via Amazon Prime, but why is it they're a good £30-40 cheaper than in the Levi shop or John Lewis etc?

Cheers

Chris

why is it they're a good £30-40 cheaper than in the Levi shop or John Lewis etc?

Because both these stores are a complete ripoff for Levi products. Levi jeans are not expensive - they just sell for lots of money in the UK. The same jeans are £28ish in the USA, from official Levi stores.

Are they the exact same style as in the store? If not they are likely from a previous season hence heavily discounted, the same reason everything is so much cheaper in TK Maxx

[TW]Fox;28679627 said:
Because both these stores are a complete ripoff for Levi products. Levi jeans are not expensive - they just sell for lots of money in the UK. The same jeans are £28ish in the USA, from official Levi stores.

What he said.

Always visit the local Levi Store (in a posh mall too) and get jeans for my daughters way, way cheaper than UK high street prices.

The catch is you are being ripped off wherever you buy them, they are $50 from any department store in the US/

i've ordered levis from amazon before and it was fine - the only problem for me is that i got the last 2 pairs in my size on the whole of amazon and now there are no more!
i wish levis america shipped internationally :(

Why are you so sure they aren't fake? Are they direct from Amazon or a seller?

Direct from Amazon.

Bulk buying.

Shops have more overheads/more competition online?

But surely the place people go for Levi's online is primarily the Levi website? And bulk buying likely isn't the answer either when Levi are the ones putting in the huge orders with the factories they use.

Are they 501's?

I have a mix of 513s and 511s

Are they the exact same style as in the store? If not they are likely from a previous season hence heavily discounted, the same reason everything is so much cheaper in TK Maxx

I've seen the same styles in the store, but in truth, there's more options online. The 513s aren't sold in my nearest store, and more styles are available per cut on Amazon than in the shop too.

EDIT: just refreshed the page. It's interesting to see how much cheaper in the States they are.

One thing I never mentioned but has bugged me is two of my 513s (one a light blue wash, the other black) are not identical as far as the fit goes. The black ones are notably looser, but they've both kept their shape well and are both nice pairs of jeans. It just makes me wonder what's up.

I can tell you what the catch is :S

The Levis on Amazon are authentic however... there is a vast quality difference depending on where they are made - I can't remember the exact countries but its something like the ones made in China, Bangladesh or Colombia are lower quality than those made in Portugal, Turkey, United States, Japan or Italy if you buy from say Debenams or HoF, etc. they will almost always be from one of the good factories whereas on Amazon its a complete lottery.

One thing I never mentioned but has bugged me is two of my 513s (one a light blue wash, the other black) are not identical as far as the fit goes. The black ones are notably looser, but they've both kept their shape well and are both nice pairs of jeans. It just makes me wonder what's up.

Check on the label where they are made - I bet one is from a different country.

I've got three pairs of 501s, one was bought from the Levi's store in Lakeside and the other two were from the Factory Levi's store at Freeport in Braintree.

The black pair from the Levi's store were made in Pakistan, The grey ones from the factory outlet were made in Mexico and the blue ones from the same shop were made in the Dominican Republic. All the fits are very slightly different with the black ones being the loosest, the grey being the most comfortable and the blue the snuggest. None are uncomfortable or difficult to wear and the quality of all three pairs is pretty much the same,

A friend is going to the USA tomorrow and I've given him some dollars to pick me up another couple of pairs, it'll be interesting to see what colours he comes back with, what the quality is like, how well they fit and where they're made.

Never seen them made in Dominican Republic or Pakistan before, got some made in Mexico IIRC. Most of mine are made in Turkey and while OK not as substantial feeling as my old ones made in Portugal.

Started buying Wrangler recently as so far they still seem to have the quality my older jeans used to have (and more durable construction around the crotch area).

Find them utterly overpriced over here but wore them all the time in US as most were under £30 a pair. Amazon always have their ways of getting certain stocks cheaper but chances of a knock off are small.

Back
Top Bottom