Levi jeans on Amazon - what's the catch?

Associate
Hey everyone, so I own a few pairs of Levi jeans, some from the Levi shop directly, and others from Amazon. The ones on Amazon are almost always around the price they are in the shop while a big sale is on, but that worries me somewhat.

What's going on?

They're surely not knock-offs because they're sold directly via Amazon Prime, but why is it they're a good £30-40 cheaper than in the Levi shop or John Lewis etc?

Cheers

Chris

Why are you so sure they aren't fake? Are they direct from Amazon or a seller?

Direct from Amazon.

Bulk buying.

Shops have more overheads/more competition online?

But surely the place people go for Levi's online is primarily the Levi website? And bulk buying likely isn't the answer either when Levi are the ones putting in the huge orders with the factories they use.

Are they 501's?

I have a mix of 513s and 511s

Are they the exact same style as in the store? If not they are likely from a previous season hence heavily discounted, the same reason everything is so much cheaper in TK Maxx

I've seen the same styles in the store, but in truth, there's more options online. The 513s aren't sold in my nearest store, and more styles are available per cut on Amazon than in the shop too.

EDIT: just refreshed the page. It's interesting to see how much cheaper in the States they are.

One thing I never mentioned but has bugged me is two of my 513s (one a light blue wash, the other black) are not identical as far as the fit goes. The black ones are notably looser, but they've both kept their shape well and are both nice pairs of jeans. It just makes me wonder what's up.

Back
Top Bottom